New to 1/5 scale touring cars PLEASE HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryanlt35

Hey guys,I'm not new to 1/5 but I really want to get an on road car!!!i live in the states and I see this is very popular over seas..I'm originally from Australia but moved to US when I was a young boy..I was wondering where i can get one of these and what kit/car do you guys recommend?please help...money is not an issue I just want a really cool on road car...thanks guys

It depends on what your looking for. If you just want like a basic model like a sport line FG then you can get those through DDM..but if you want something nicer like an FG Evo version then you"ll have to either go through FG supply in California and they can order one for you or you can order one through RC car online. We don't have a lot of options in the states when it comes to on road. That's all I am in to so I have learned to be patient when ordering cars or parts. If you need any more help just ask.

Hey buddy,I was really looking into getting the fg evo 12,I think that is what it's called...it just looks amazing...but I really didn't wanna have to deal with a almost 4 thousand dollar purchase over seas!!it scares me a bit u know what I mean?but gezz it would be sweet to get one of those..if you know where I can get my hands on one please let me know..thanks

Lmao I just looked at fg supply and there website says there sold out of everything!!!wtf,that would be my kind of luck lol any other ideas?

FG supply doesn't really keep to many cars in stock. If you would like to order one just call them up and they will order one for you. You'll have to put a down payment down and they order. It takes like 4-6 weeks to get one in. I ordered a FG Evo 12 from them last year and I had no issues. They are a great group of guys to deal with.

Yeah its a beautiful car definitively worth the money. I think next one on my list is a rs5....they also are pretty great machines.

You can't, it is overseas. Its sad but on road cars are just not that popular in the states. I think at one time FG supply dealt with them but don't know for sure.

Yea they still do I just looked..what sucks is that u can't get it rtr and it's still 3600 bucks..that's a lot..I think I'm leaning more towards the evo...it looks like a bad ass machine.

I also seen that fg sells the race semi trucks,I've been wanting to put a turbine on one of those for a long time..think I may pick one of those up to for a future project..

I bought one those semi trucks back in 2010 and still have. I have to say it is by far been my most favorite on road. I have had zero problems with it and just got done with a little preventive maintenance. I got somebody to do a little engine work to it and that thing screams. I will never get rid of that thing.

Yeah I have long term plans for one of those lol can't wait till those two show up at my door!!!

Yeah I just looked,that's just a rolling chassis..no wheels,motor,etc...I'm looking for a complete kit!!minus the transmitter ofcourse as most do not come with that anyway..

That's ok but I'm not new to rc so I don't want an entry level car..I want the all aluminum evo I guess I'll just figure it out..nobody can really tell me straight up where I can get everything I need..I'll just call around.thanks guys

the problem is the high end stc you have to build they come as rolling chassis you have add engine pipe diff ect. fg supply will build one for you for big $. or you could get one used allot of evos fore sale on the forums. if by chance you live close to the bay area ca. we have a race this weekend at the rams club. we have about 60 entries(2wd stc,4wd stc,f1,baja) the brands you will see is hpi,rs5,fg,mecatech.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks