new to forum got quest about firehammer mt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphyslaw

Ok guys I read a lot of the forum now my ques is I just bought the firehammer mt on ebay for 500 and change "nib" so I wanted to know what parts on this truck need to be hoped up b4 I go bashing I heard about the diff and the diff guard and spur and pin gears but please help me out on what I should do to prevent down time and is it ok to break it in .in winter months just richen it and I have caster 927 that I use for my quad its 2cycl oil is that ok? Worked great for my quad? Please all help and info would be great thanks for reading <> drew

Last edited:
Mary Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Suggest you get the parts and replace them as the break, one more part is the engine must to be relapsed with alloy ones. Both of them.
What I suggest you do first is dismantle and reassemble it using a lot of Locke tit.
And yes break in is a must if you want the engine to last.
How to break it in is on DDM site and in the engine thread.

Last edited:
Thanks shiny merry christmas and a happy new year to you !!! I know I have to break it in but is it ok for winter ? Or wait till spring and where can I buy parts tower? And is there a reason everyone is chaning the diff ?

Thanks shiny merry christmas and a happy new year to you !!! I know I have to break it in but is it ok for winter ? Or wait till spring and where can I buy parts tower? And is there a reason everyone is chaning the diff ?

Tower is great when you don't buy for awhile. They always send you gift codes for quite a bit more off then there normal codes to get you ordering again. I just got 20.00 off my last 50.00 order. I'll wait for the next best deal they send.

They don't show the alloy diff cage in the MT section for some reason?
Alloy diff cage (Click Here)

This is the Fg one that most have used since the DTX one was back ordered for about a year.
FG 8484 Diff cage

Read here and you will get a plethora of info on the MT.
Most of us replace as it breaks unless you have cash burning you pockets.

Thanks btb I wanna get a pipe and maybe the 2 speed trans anyone did this yet? When you change diff to the fg use the same spider gears? I alos wanna up grade the front clip and rear a lot of $ for it huh lol I dono what I wanna do yet but I'm making the list

Thanks btb I wanna get a pipe and maybe the 2 speed trans anyone did this yet?

Pipe, yes. Two speed only know of one other one sold on ebay.
Pipe = DDM Dom pipe.

For a two speed you would need to switch out to Fg parts cause FG is the only 2 speed.

When you change diff to the fg use the same spider gears? I alos wanna up grade the front clip and rear a lot of $ for it huh lol I dono what I wanna do yet but I'm making the list

Same spider gears.
Never too much. It never ends......:)

Yea I hear that what ddm pipe should I get low to mid or mid to high I dono have to wait I don't like the diff I seen fg looks nice though

I was told by DDM there is not a noticeable difference with the two. Either is good. You will need a wheelie bar with either to protect them from a rear landing.

Mid/High:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420

Low/Mid:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378&highlight=dominator

Different look out the rear: (Mid vs Low)

Low Pipe:

attachment.php

Mid Pipe:

attachment.php

Bent pipe due to rear landing:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5429&postcount=18
https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5383&postcount=13

Last edited:
Ehh I want good and fast you know I read a forum about the pipe its great pipe but waiting 8months aint happening lol prob get a ddm or maybe a xcan I dono yet do they make a wheelie bar for the fhmt?

Bigger the Better: Your correct I am using a DDM Pipe on my firehammer..
I have Part mumber fd-141 Black pipe almost like the fd-130 pipe only not chrome..
fitment,,you have to start the front first to see where the back plate on the pipe will fit...
you will need to make the hole bigger to mount on the gear plate.....
As to wheelie bar..not yet...going to soon...I have not posted in my project in a long time
I have done a lot more up grades and have over 2000 euro in parts and still going..
My main firehammer project is in the other forum....But I will try to answer questions where I can....AKASlawhammer

Well I just got the fhmt and wow a lot bigger then I thought lol looks bigger then the fg well my diff case is blue not silver like it shows is this new I dono it hast been run but the guy didn't send me the charger so now I have to go to the hobby shop ugh and the fun begins lol I'm thinking the ddm high rpm pipe so it doesn't come off the floor to fast then prob fron and rear in alum

Ty shiny and btb and everyone else thanks for the help so what charger will do it for the batterie pack ? And my diff case is blue on the sleve

The charger depends on what type the batty is.
Or you can go for the expensive multi type charge discard ones. You now the ones with processors and programming.

The best thing you can do is buy a charger that will do both nicad and nimh batteries. It sucks if you just get a nicad and upgrade the battery. Most of the models are coming with smaller mah nimh batteries now. You can tell what type of battery it is by looking for either NiCad or NiMh on the side or on a cell. Go to your local hobby shop and ask what are the different types of chargers they have and what is the differences. You will get some great info from them and have the item to look at to understand what the he** they are talking about.

The stock wall charger is no loss your probably better off. The wall chargers should be banned.

The blue diff ring might have been anodized that color for looks?

Ok so the fun begins I broke the stupid clip on the battery I was charging it and the charger I bought slipped a lil and cracked the pins off and the plastic piece soooo now I riged up a conector from a old battery pack I hope it works I'll try it today after work ughhhhhh I hate when you have all ur stuff together then poof u can't run and it started rite up too

Ok so the fun begins I broke the stupid clip on the battery I was charging it and the charger I bought slipped a lil and cracked the pins off and the plastic piece soooo now I riged up a conector from a old battery pack I hope it works I'll try it today after work ughhhhhh I hate when you have all ur stuff together then poof u can't run and it started rite up too

:lol:Murphy's Law:lol:

:clown:You better change your name if your going to expect better luck.:clown:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks