New to large rc and after useful input on transmitters and receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mischief27

So ive got two 1:5th scale cars and another on the way
I know they have cheap transmitters with them I'm just wondering
If there's any really good one about that are not to silly priced only want a decent one for my fg and a cheap but effective one for the others
And will listen to all information good or bad as I don't want to go and buy something and it not be up to much as I know everyone will have different opinions
Thank you all in advance

Decide on what type you want - wheel or sticks.
Decide on how cheap - 27M.Hz or 2.4 G.Hz - personally don't consider 27 Meg now - too much interference.
Decide on how many you want to run off the same - 1, 2, 20 ... they're out there.
Decide on budget - £50, £100, £200, £400.

£60 ish go for a Spektrum DX3.0 - not the best, but I've had no problems with my 2 - run up to 5 different models. 2.4G.Hz.

Futaba is 'the start of the higher end' - 3PL, 4PL, etc.

The other thing to bear in mind is the price of the receiver.
Spekky's are quite reasonable.
Al.

Decide on what type you want - wheel or sticks.
Decide on how cheap - 27M.Hz or 2.4 G.Hz - personally don't consider 27 Meg now - too much interference.
Decide on how many you want to run off the same - 1, 2, 20 ... they're out there.
Decide on budget - £50, £100, £200, £400.

£60 ish go for a Spektrum DX3.0 - not the best, but I've had no problems with my 2 - run up to 5 different models. 2.4G.Hz.

Futaba is 'the start of the higher end' - 3PL, 4PL, etc.

The other thing to bear in mind is the price of the receiver.
Spekky's are quite reasonable.
Al.

2.4 is what ill be looking at
And for budget I could go upto £150ish but is there any need to spend this much as the wife would say so 50-100
Thank you again atom was looking at a spektrum this morning before my accident but can have another look online now I'm back home
Also seen these cheapo ones on eBay with LCD screen ontop that comes with receiver and battery n charger was thinking one of these for the kids one

Hunt around but I think for that price you can get a 3PL.

Check this out: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...FUTABA+3PL&_nkw=FUTABA+3PL&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Personally, I've not had any problems importing from China / Hong Kong.
Need to watch out for:
+VAT (20%) + Post Office Clearing/Handling Charge (Variable £8+ and I've seen more than £20 in some of my 'imports' when over £200).
Just bear this in mind when doing your calculations.

Al.

Now there's so many choices on receivers how many channels do I really need ? Does this depend on what I plan on adding like lights ect I have a 3ch in at the moment so have an open channel for the failsafe I'm waiting on
I'm kinda dumb when it come to the electronics (engines are not a problem)
I normally just use what comes with and have done with it
Any advice is greatly appreciated
Also don't go too technical on me

What the heck?

In the US the 4PLS is the same price as the 4PL was. What is wrong with your dealers in the UK?

Even on Futabas website it says that the 4PLS price is the same as the 4PL. http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/futk1410-4pls/index.html

The only reason a 4PL could be cheaper is because they are wanting to sell old stock. A 4PLS should still be around $240 £150

its called rip off britain Kent :(

$=£ here :mad:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/107003/

K....

its called rip off britain Kent :(

$=£ here :mad:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/107003/

K....

Wow. That's $382, which is $132 more than retail, and about $200 above dealer cost. They are trying to make more money than Futaba does, and Futaba is the one thats making the dang thing.

This is why FlySky and the other crappy little radio companies are becoming popular. Greedy dealers are shooting themselves in the foot.

After a Long hard search and a few hours of phone calls I've managed to source a 4pls for £162 but if I hold off for a month a friend said I can buy his 4pl for £100 when he upgrades
And got a flysky ordered for the kids (was a little impressed with the adver for the flysky tbh , but it can be that good for the price )

Attachments

• varde-wall-shelf-with--hooks__19999_PE099774_S4.jpg
    varde-wall-shelf-with--hooks__19999_PE099774_S4.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 5
  • shelves-012a.jpg
    shelves-012a.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4
After a Long hard search and a few hours of phone calls I've managed to source a 4pls for £162 but if I hold off for a month a friend said I can buy his 4pl for £100 when he upgrades
And got a flysky ordered for the kids (was a little impressed with the adver for the flysky tbh , but it can be that good for the price )

i use the flysky gt3b and so does 3 of my mates ive had no problems with it. its better than the one i got with hpi 5sc. i use it to control my lights and kill switch no problem. as i don't race my bajas in comps i don't see the point in spending alot and the money saved i can spend on upgrades :). i liked the look of the flysky fs-it4 but couldnt find any were to buy it

i use the flysky gt3b and so does 3 of my mates ive had no problems with it. its better than the one i got with hpi 5sc. i use it to control my lights and kill switch no problem. as i don't race my bajas in comps i don't see the point in spending alot and the money saved i can spend on upgrades :). i liked the look of the flysky fs-it4 but couldnt find any were to buy it

FYI, I think the flysky fs-it4 does not work with kill switches during a radio glitch. It has some weird signal on the receiver. So it could possibly allow a runaway.

Flysky fs-it4 are on eBay for only £100 love that touchscreen feature
It did giv me an idea to write a lengthy email to them whit a great suggestion
Won't write it all up but along the lines of remove the touchscreen part and just have a mount and dock for an iPhone as it just reminds me of a phone

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks