New to me DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered up a GTB clutch carrier and bottom motor mount...
I got it all bolted onto the motor, but now having a couple issues... the mounting holes don't line up on the chassis.. o_O

Distance between front and back is too small, by a mm or 2 maybe (my eyeballing isnt great)

anyone have issues with this before?

Also my chassis side mounting screws are too long now so I cant secure the motor on the clutch side...

View attachment 80532
View attachment 80533
View attachment 80534
View attachment 80535
You need a washer between the back of the carrier and the case. Maybe 2 to act as spacer.

I had issues with a rear mount that I got off e bay I had to do a bunch of grinding and cutting to make it line up with the chassis holes
Had to grind the two nubs and the face of the mount that go up against the engine to move the mount so the holes lines up
It sure didn’t look pretty when I was done with it!
Good thing you can’t really see the mount once the engine is in the chassis
Next time I make an order from ddm I’m just going to get a TR one
Should have done that to begin with

that's normally the problem with the off market parts. I used losi dbxl diff cups on the front and rear, no problem fitting and installing. i went with aftermarket center diffs and it
won't seal properly because the powder coating is too thick. i had to sand the powder coating to get it to work. nothing fits like oem Losi or reputable brands like rpm and hot racing. sounds cliche, but you really get what you pay for.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks