New to RC help me build the ultimate DBXL for kid in a wheelchair.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.hunt

Ok here's the lowdown I have a 19yo son in a wheelchair and I struggle to find things to do with him besides video games. I stumbled into a hobby shop and saw the DBXL on Friday, I never knew these things existed and as soon as I saw it the kid in me came alive!
So went home and did some reasearch and found them on sale at Horizon hobby for $750.00 after Black Friday discounts so I ordered two of them for us. We own 10 acres out in the country and have a tractor so im going to make a few tracks maybe an oval for racing and an motocross style too.

So help me bullet proof this thing I don't want him to get bored with it if it's always broken. $$ isn't really a problem but not looking to be rediculse about it!

Main focus is reliability and suspension I will look into engine upgrades last.
What silenced pipe is best?
I saw piston kits and piggyback resis for shocks on eBay are they worth it?

Thanks and anyone in the Sacramento CA area that wants to help build a track will have a place to come play too.

Drive them first and upgrade as you need it
But the DBXL is a beginner car and when you put bigger motors in they breake drive pins in the wheels
But you will have fun with them
Now for parts Largescalerc or DDM that's Daves Discount Motors have everything you will need

Is there a specialty tool kit for these or is it just regular electronics tools I do electronic and computer repair and have lots of small tools

Special? Not really. Common inexpensive tools from an auto parts or hardware store will do the majority of the work. Common sense and a good Allen wrench set is a must as for tools.

As for upgrades. First and foremost is a killer Rc kill switch is a must. If not, then you can become a liability with you or someone else's health and property. Also an upgraded steering link and a decent pipe for some power. The reason on the steering link is mine broke the first time out. Hope this helps.

Ps. Welcome to the addiction lol

Ok looks like I'm good on tools then I have all kinds of small specialty tools allens, hex, torx, screwdrivers ect

Ordered the killer kill switch and battery trays and some Dgi chassis braces.

Man I'm addicted to this allready and there not even here yet I love all the red anodized parts available. I'm sure within a year I will have replaced/upgraded all parts available in the red anodize.

on control arms, go RPM still plastic but a really high grade plastic and guaranteed for life, if you break em your doing something right(or wrong) but they will replace them free of charge

Ordered up a bunch of upgrade parts that were on sale just to have on hand. I can't pass up sales!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks