New vekta 5 buyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
Well it's the beginning of the beginning , I'm purchasing the vekta 5 very soon , any thing I should purchase at the same time as to , what breaks first ? I'm getting the starter cover , what else wood be a great help , and appreciated ,completely new to this forum , really looking forward to getting familiar with other 5 scale addicts !!? also I have the receiver decision to make, any suggestions would be great .

Last edited:
With any new gas vehicle first thing on the list needs to be a kill switch (which ever brand you prefer, I go with Killer RC). The next few things on your list should be the outerwears for the motor. Remember you will also need an RX battery of some sort for the vekta.5. I recently purchased one from DDM. Waiting on parts from DDM they were out of the kill switch when I ordered the Vekta.5. Heads up also if you are wanting the outerwear shockcovers u better jump on a set. Outerwears will no longer be making shock covers.

I got a new Vekta a little over a month ago (also 5t). Words cannot describe, Love it Love it. Sold all electric but techno mt410. I got the Daves 7200 Mah 20c 2s, great battery. Hard to pack with kill switch, the battery is big. The rx plug from the power is short, further complicating matters. It charges to 8.4, running a full tank doesn't drop it below 8.2, so I might consider a little smaller. FYI, u will become addicted to Dave's and his deal of the day.

I got a new Vekta a little over a month ago (also 5t). Words cannot describe, Love it Love it. Sold all electric but techno mt410. I got the Daves 7200 Mah 20c 2s, great battery. Hard to pack with kill switch, the battery is big. The rx plug from the power is short, further complicating matters. It charges to 8.4, running a full tank doesn't drop it below 8.2, so I might consider a little smaller. FYI, u will become addicted to Dave's and his deal of the day.

Glad to see I am not the only one, picked up a FiveT and didn't have it 3 weeks and picked up the vekta. I had read that about the larger batteries being really tight. I was hoping to find one of Killer RC 6000mah but can't find them in stock anywhere.

Next for me. On mine the stock air filter rubs the inside of the body, and it is a pita to access and clean the filter. If there is a better alternative I would like to know. Other than that it is awesome.

My brother and a good friend saw it for the first time separately and both remarked it looked like something you could ride.

Told my brother it was like a weed eater engine. I have a modified engine. Saw it run and remarked that he never heard a weed eater that sounds like that.

Next for me. On mine the stock air filter rubs the inside of the body, and it is a pita to access and clean the filter. If there is a better alternative I would like to know. Other than that it is awesome.

My brother and a good friend saw it for the first time separately and both remarked it looked like something you could ride.

Told my brother it was like a weed eater engine. I have a modified engine. Saw it run and remarked that he never heard a weed eater that sounds like that.

My filter also rubs against the inside of the cage, I had commented on another forum about this and was told it was normal.... I don't see how it could be normal.

Thanks so much for the tips guys , the Beast is in its way , can't even sleep , I need to get a receiver , spose Dave's has what I need , I was going to call to ask for a proven list of needs but hearing from owners is a more trusty source I'm ,,, hoping ? I'm not that guy that going to take anybody's trophy , well at least not this year :p:p

Thanks so much for the tips guys , the Beast is in its way , can't even sleep , I need to get a receiver , spose Dave's has what I need , I was going to call to ask for a proven list of needs but hearing from owners is a more trusty source I'm ,,, hoping ? I'm not that guy that going to take anybody's trophy , well at least not this year :p:p
Be sure on the receivers do not run spektrum. Also good luck finding futaba ones in stock I have been looking for several weeks and can't find the 304sb rec in stock.

Thing is awesome, not gonna lie harder to work on than the 5ive-t but it is a killer rc. I still need a battery pack for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has literally been the purchase from hell , put the n in the wrong place in my address , refund , lose my money , stuck with pay pal denying my info ,then pay pal said my card was declined , after I reinquire on my account , they still declined to send the payment , I was on the phone for hours , but I got the message , it's on its way NOW ! JEEEEEZE !!!!

It has literally been the purchase from hell , put the n in the wrong place in my address , refund , lose my money , stuck with pay pal denying my info ,then pay pal said my card was declined , after I reinquire on my account , they still declined to send the payment , I was on the phone for hours , but I got the message , it's on its way NOW ! JEEEEEZE !!!!
Where did you order your Vekta through?

Dave's motors , but u have to use pay pal to buy stuff from them , everything exploded , 5 days just to make the purchase , just don't make any missed placed comas in your order , or u will be entering hell yourself
Yeah I bought my vekta thru them, they require PayPal to help cover shipping issues just as this one. You can't blame them if the shipping address mistake was on your part. If it was on them than yeah they should correct it fast.

Glad you have it on the way, you will like it. You have everything else u need for it?

Meant Futaba 3pv earlier.

Be careful. Servos (kraken) not waterproof. I washed my Vekta, carefully.
Almost caused a fire, twice. Don't know if u can see in pic, but water is at the bottom in the black piece.

Also, I think my air filter rubs due to DGI reed box design.

20180319_195956.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks