New zenoah 29cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danrox90

Hey I just bought a new zenoah 290rc engine and I'm wondering if I need to replace the third bearing, or did DDM fix the problem of the third bearing sucking in air.
Thanks

Although there were no issues but I still replaced the third bearing with a seal.
Since I race the T I didn't want problems during the race.

I emailed DDM and they said "While some people prefer replacing the bearing with a seal, it is not at all necessary. 95% + of people with G290RC engines are running the stock bearings. Works just fine. Though it is true, most professional engine builders that heavily modify these engines do put a seal instead, this is really only useful though with higher compression modified engines. Stock, you will be just fine!

Brad"
So I think that I'll just leave it.

I emailed DDM and they said "While some people prefer replacing the bearing with a seal, it is not at all necessary. 95% + of people with G290RC engines are running the stock bearings. Works just fine. Though it is true, most professional engine builders that heavily modify these engines do put a seal instead, this is really only useful though with higher compression modified engines. Stock, you will be just fine!

Brad"
So I think that I'll just leave it.

Mines stock and runs great

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks