Newbie Help Please ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inntcptr

Hello all,
I'm a newbie on here, this is my first post. From Chicago, Illinois. I have been into nitro for a few years. I am now going to join the ranks of the Large Scale. My dad has bought a HPI Baja 5b. So naturally, I would need to out do him! LOL. I had a few questions, can any one help? I'm sure these questions have been asked many time on this forum, I have read some, but I'm still confused a bit.:helpsmilie:

1) Are the fg buggy and the fg maurader the one in the same vehicle ? What is the difference ?

2) Which is better and why ? The Baja 5B, FG Baja, or the FG Maurader ?

3) Can FG buggy and Maurader parts be interchanged ?

Sorry if the questions annoy any of you, but I just thought I had to start some place. Thanks:helpsmilie

none

I also for got to add: Are there any other vehicles anyone can suggest? I just Like the FG Buggy. My LHS has one in stock. I'd like to start out slow, and not dump too much cash into it at first, but rather slowly upgrade.

support

They all have there good and bad points. One good point for you towards FG is your LHS has one in stock which I would think they have parts and support for it. Which at times if the frustrating part, parts.

mutilator

Also, I have seen that JHC enterprise has a "Mutilator" on sale, anyone heard of this one before ? Any good ?? are they compatable with the FG Marauder or the Firehammer ??

Last edited:
Also, I have seen that JHC enterprise has a "Mutilator" on sale, anyone heard of this one before ? Any good ?? are they compatable with the FG Marauder or the Firehammer ??

Sorry, didn't see this post. I believe they are compatible with the Firehammer.

Hello all,
I'm a newbie on here, this is my first post. From Chicago, Illinois. I have been into nitro for a few years. I am now going to join the ranks of the Large Scale. My dad has bought a HPI Baja 5b. So naturally, I would need to out do him! LOL. I had a few questions, can any one help? I'm sure these questions have been asked many time on this forum, I have read some, but I'm still confused a bit.:helpsmilie:

1) Are the fg buggy and the fg maurader the one in the same vehicle ? What is the difference ?

2) Which is better and why ? The Baja 5B, FG Baja, or the FG Maurader ?

3) Can FG buggy and Maurader parts be interchanged ?

Sorry if the questions annoy any of you, but I just thought I had to start some place. Thanks:helpsmilie

hi and welcome first the fgs are very much the same baja,mt,marder the only thing thats diffrent is the shocks wheels for the rest not much diffrents I bought a onroad long shassis for my fg baja becuase i wanted a 1/5 baja a few ajustments and i was there and happy with it.
one thing is when i bought the baja give it what for (heavy bashing) not one thing broke on it and that was standerd from fg

wow, thanks alot That really cleared things up for me. When I first started looking into the large scale, I loved the FG Baja Buggy, I wasn't sure which way was up. But after some research, and help from you guys, I thing I'm all straughtened up for now. I'm just wondering if the Hobby Pro Mutilator is interchangable with the others ?? The price is right for entering the large scale, and if it's compatible with the Marder, then I'm all set to get my feet wet with large scale. That way I could order Marder Parts for the mutilator online. Thanks again to all.

My dad has bought a HPI Baja 5b. So naturally, I would need to out do him! LOL.

If your dad has the 5B then I would get one also but, make sure to buy a pipe right away and install it and you will out do him. He will definitely be angry about you forethought and how you can beat him so he will get a pipe, you can then upgrade the clutch spring and get him again off the line, He will do the same and you can buy a new top end and beat him again and so on and so on but the best thing will be when either of you upgrade or have problems you can work together on it and learn better ways of doing it to beat the repair time each time. You can also both work on upgrades or experiment on new ideas together.
Since pops got the 5b my recommendation would be the 5b.

Good luck on your decision either 1/5th you get you will love the experience.:cool2:

Yaeh!!! we've already pretty much maxed out the baja. He got a pretty sweet motor from davesmotors. Pops was also a machinist/ welder, so he had a custom by the second week we had it. He's had it (5b) for about 2 years now. He's very happy with it. So, I thought a little something would be good to give him a run for his money, LOL. Me and my brother try, but have never had any success. He's always one up on us LMAO

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks