Newbie to 1:5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vintagerider

Ok so I’m looking at the mtxl and my research shows that I should upgrade the factory radio now do I need to replace tx/rx or just the tx?
Also was looking at the spektrum dx5c DSMR avc should this work? Also what is the steering component that fails and should be replaced any part number or proper description would be appreciated thanks in advance

Welcome dude (y).....imo avc aint needed (n)and i thk it messes with the kill switchs...which u will need to buy 1 of ?..u may wanna factor in sum decent servos....hitec D840/5's...?.....then pullstart /filter covers ?....then jus bash it until u brake sumin then thk of upgrades maybe?

Last edited:
Ok thanks was putting together an order have a fail safe already in my cart.
Have been playing with rc for a long time off and on these newer transmitters have me at a loss not even sure what the avc is/does the last radio I bought was a Futaba 3pm-fm still playing with crystals lol

crystyals...lol..old skool….?….avc is like a driver aid to keep u going straight but tbh its not needed.(n)..as it takes away a lot of the fun imo…(y)…….I recently gota futuba 4pv and its way beyond what I need tbh but it camne with a car so I guess I`ll get used to it.....:unsure:

Ok cool they have the same radio minus the avc for 40 bucks less so if it’s not something I need then I can spend on other parts

AVC is useless to people who drove an RC at some point before in their life. And as evssv said, if you plan on putting in a digital killswitch then AVC is going to screw with it. I swear by Ko Propo's radios. I know some pro racing guys and I always buy their handmedowns for scraps. Except the very last model they made. its a very very good radio but the modular system, which in theory is awesome, falls apart because of the choice of materials. It squeekz and howls and grinds when you use it, after a while. None of which alters its performance but it will drive you up against the wall. Nails on chalkboard kind of sounds. I have had many radios through my grubby bear paws but not one of them had me even consider for a second to give up my Ko Propo Eurus with the 2.4ghz and lipo mods installed. There are better radios that are much cheaper now, at least on paper, but when it comes to how connected you feel to the car I have found no substitute. my 10 c.

nb: Killswitches are overrated.

AVC uses throttle and steering controls to keep you driving at straight as possible. It is a driving assistant. And as far as those goes, it is pretty good. As far as the whole technology goes, it can go fiddlestick itself, in partifular in offroad where minute changes on the fly can be the difference between making something go well and having to fork over for a new set of front arms. And I always feel like I have to fight the AVC for control. AVC is just Losi's brand name for something I think everybody now has. Correct me on this if I am wrong.

Look into the Flysky GT3B radio, extremely reliable, tons of YT videos, or the newer model, both are excellent for the price.

Rovan and KM rx are compatible, will bind, which is a good thing. Although is very minimal, I do notice a faster response time w bind radios vs crystals, although its minimal.

The gyro system does help on certain applications, and it can be dialed from mild to aggressive, or turn it off.

Have seen Aussie rc vids where he can almost drive it w one hand. He attempts bashing some of his truggies on loose dirt, and its evident how effective the gyro is compared to when its turned off. For someone who is just beginning or to let your kids start on the hobby, I say its worth it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks