Newby potentially

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haoleman

I am looking to trade a large scale boat for a FG Monster Truck. I really don't have much interest in off road but it looks like a kick. I am curious about the cost of tires for it as I would guess that at some point, they would need replacing. I am more interested in drifting and probably would look to trade it for a 1/5 scale car if that's even possible. What do the trucks cost in upkeep and what should I look for as far as wear goes?

Thanks

Why don't you just buy an on road car?:helpsmilie:
My guess is that you have the opportunity to swap a boat for a car right now?
If so, the FGMT does not blast through tires at all if left off road. Most people run for years on a set of FGMT tires. If you stay on the road they will wear out sooner but they still don't wear like the rest of the tires out there.
Swapping a FGMT for an on road will be easier then the other way around.
You may find it more fun then you think.:D

I'd agree with Bigger,the MT is great for bashing.Tyres?,well I've had mine for 4 years now and still I'm on the originals(granted I don't take it out as often as most).And finally how much does it cost for the upkeep? how long is a piece of string? If you want to have great fun and hammer it everywhere,jumps,wheelies ,off-road,rough ground etc,etc then expect to replace parts as you would with a full scale car driving under the same conditions! If you take it easy(which I'm sure you wont:clown:) then they'll last much longer.If you go down the same road as quiet a few members on this forum ,then buy alloy parts which will outlast the factory plastic parts many times over but there is a hefty price to pay!(my motto'You get what you pay for'). As for 'drifters' then i think you would be more suited to an on-road car,even though an FG Marder/MCD/Lau etc would be near enough with road tyres on and suspension lowered plus you can put it back to an off-roader too!
There,hope that helps.
J.

Howzit from the Banana Belt of COLD Minnesota!

Thanks for the info. I am located in Lanesboro where we operate Mrs B's Inn.
I got tired of crashing planes and we have some areas close by that I can drive on road cars ( our big unused public parking lot). The trucks are cool and I might get off on them so I will have to see. I tried to look up tires and they look like they cost as much as the tires on my car. Is that true? The trader claims 7-8 tanks of gas through the MT and the body is trashed. Looks like it was used and abused but my trade is worth $500.00. His handle on RC Universe is "Fudge" if any of you know him. Looks like his trader rating is good. I don't mind putting a few bucks into it but I'm not interested in putting another $500 into it as I have seen some nice trucks and cars for quite a bit less than $1000.00. My trade is a Dumas Donzi Z65 Sportfisherman which is no longer made and is now a collector's item for those who want something like this. I was planning to use it for actual fishing! It's a lot of fun but the DNR won't let me do it on our town pond. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Terry

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks