newcomer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisktm54

hi im new to the site and also r/c cars, i have a question, why is my fg mt only spinning one wheel when doing a do-nut??!! i need to get em both spinning!!!! ha, cheers for any help....:)

thats the limited slip differential. thats the proper action of it.

you can put thicker greese/diff oil in your diff and get more posi traction going.
or you can fill it wiht silly puddy and it ll be more like a fully locked diff, but turning radius will most likely become larger, as the locked wheels will Push thru the corners more.

welcome aboard!!!!
T

o.k thanks, ill get some silly puddy??!! i have just taken it out for a spin and the left rear c.v joint has snapped on the hub, common problem? i only bought it yesterday brand new. also one of the gears is mashing up already!! starting to regret not buying a schumacher havoc

im not much on the FGs. haven't fugged with them to much.

read thru the FG threads and you ll get an idea of some of the small issues that are once taken care of, shouldnt plague you anymore.

any RC has some bugs to get out of the stock units.
once you have the small bugs worked out, you ll be very pleased with a gasser i think.

T

o.k thanks, ill get some silly puddy??!! i have just taken it out for a spin and the left rear c.v joint has snapped on the hub, common problem? i only bought it yesterday brand new. also one of the gears is mashing up already!! starting to regret not buying a schumacher havoc

Just so you know, the stock diff will bend and warp soon and it will need replacing, if the inside wheel spinning is bothering you then you might go for a limited slip set-up, FG and Elcon sell them and they are pricey.

I had the same problem with gears mashing and have just spent hundreds of dollars on alloy parts to reduce this.... you should get rid if the plastic engine mounts and fit alloy ones as the layshaft gear is the main problem.

Hope that gets you going.

hmmmm, this is sounding expensive already!! thanks for the posts though guys, im going to the modelshop today and see what i can get, luckily my modelshop is the main dealer for fg stuff in the u.k so ill see what they say. thanks

If you are in the mood to spend some cash have a look at the alloy gear plate part# 7474 and the alloy Diff blocks also.
I should have mine very soon :)

and when you add the 7474 you need the 7497 brake kit to fit. found that out the hard way ;)

check your downtravel in the arms. when you pick the truck up and spin the wheel slowly, make sure the dogbones aren't binding in the cup. having too much downtravel puts the bones on too big of an angle and actually bind. you can sometimes see the wheel lift a bit when spinning as the pin goes to the side. you can either move the shock or adjust the setscrew in the arm

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks