NMT bash at Gas jockeys-videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooman007uk

went over to gas jockeys..canadian nutech distributer..at the weekend to play on his track with the nutechs, had a blast and ran 2 tanks of hard bashing and despite a few minor issues that are already being worked on at the factory before general release...i drove it back to the truck again under it's own power...it's still bone stock apart from servos and a shredhead intake and hpi filter...these trucks are tough!

enjoy..a vid of all the rough tumbles will follow shortly

the shiny stuff you see isn't water but ice so that's our excuse for the poor driving:blush:

thanks to camera man BCBob for the 3rd video footage

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV00949.flv

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV00948.flv

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q211/scdoo62/rc%20collection/?action=view&current=Dec6thatthetrack.flv

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV00950.flv

not as yet but only had 4 1/2 tanks thru it, the c hub screws kept coming loose but Nutech have already come up with a very well engineered fix which should be here end of next week and i cracked a wheel on the edge of the rim..so far so good but proof of the pudding will be after 2-3 gallons thru it...i see ball end joints stretching as they do on FH and FG, it's typical with plakky ones, fortunately nutech have just made alloy rose joints available as an upgrade like the fg ones but way cheaper. I've been thru it since our bash day and it's all good hope to get more time this weekend.

here's one more hits vid...the truck has been thrashed without mercy for it's short life and it's going to get worse when my obr full mod 27.2 and vrc 5b side propipe arrive...not that this needs anymore power...stock 26 with a can and it boils the tires!

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=Abuse.flv

Last edited:
lol, our excuse is 1. it was icey and 2. that bloody lovely tasting beverage called beer:lol: and no.3 for me is the overiding urge to keep pulling that th finger:helpsmilie:
but yeah i'm so totally impressed with the hammering they take...in all my years of rcing i haven't come across a stock out the box truck like it, there are a couple of minor niggles but they are currently being addressed by the factory, hats off to nutech for letting the likes of me and Scott test them to find any problems before they release them so any problems can be fixed first...by the time this is released (early Jan by the looks now) it'll be a must have for all bashers

I paid for it Rob, retail...all i get is upgrade parts to test, as an avid rc'er I'm always looking for something better that i have that's affordable...so i don't staunchly defend something that has faults and could be better, the FH was poor, the FG wasn't much better, the rampage was getting close and now the nutech is getting real close and so far has been the best of the bunch by a country mile...I honestly tell it how it is for the benefit of all folk in our hobby and then they can make up their own minds and i back that up with video...not running round the park but proper bashing for all to see...to you and other one brand defenders all i can say is try one of these and you might be well surprised...i was!

and yep if you want to pay for one you can probably get hooked up with an MT to test also..let me know

I paid for it Rob, retail...all i get is upgrade parts to test, as an avid rc'er I'm always looking for something better that i have that's affordable...so i don't staunchly defend something that has faults and could be better, the FH was poor, the FG wasn't much better, the rampage was getting close and now the nutech is getting real close and so far has been the best of the bunch by a country mile...I honestly tell it how it is for the benefit of all folk in our hobby and then they can make up their own minds and i back that up with video...not running round the park but proper bashing for all to see...to you and other one brand defenders all i can say is try one of these and you might be well surprised...i was!

and yep if you want to pay for one you can probably get hooked up with an MT to test also..let me know

Well put.

Great video too, you beat that thing. I love it.

I'd still wait until moo puts a real power plant on it before I go gaga over it. Go a head moo take that OBR 30.5 you have and make us a new vid. LOL! I really want to see a 30.5cc on one of these.

it's getting a full mod 27.2 obr 4 bolt and a vrc propipe, however the stock motor and can is really all it needs as everyone can see in the videos...it blows my 30.5 ramp with vrc propipe vrc away....
you have to remember this is 10lb lighter so doesn't need a 30.5 to get it moving, the wheels are a 8oz lighter each too...anyway the 27.2 only has a tiny bit less torque than the ported 30.5 but better mid and way more top (Seans words not mine)+ pipe it'll be total overkill...best combo if you really felt you wanted more power I reckon is a regular or ported 28.5 and pipe...I've obr ported sitting around with a reed block bolted on and a windowed piston i'll try too...and now with zens 4 bolt 36mm we can have zen and 4bolt 28.5's and 30.5's

fastlane i know you feel you have to defend the rampage here and on rcu but put a ported 30.5 in yours with the MT wheels, then come bash with me and see what is does, to get it moving as an MT it needs power but as yet the diffs wont take it even with a 28.5 obr and sprint dom it chewed diff cup shafts that's when I first got miffed with it 10mths ago, I fortunately tried tempering , that pretty much cured the shafts then the cups snapped... factory hasn't addressed it in all that time...

the nutech doesn't need all that power simple as that...I own both so can compare the 2 next to each other and for the way i bash, as you see in the videos i don't grass track, the nutech is proving to be much tougher, faster and better handling and it's stock.
I will be keeping my ramp cos i spent a lot of time and money on it, I do enjoy driving it...it's a totally different drive so that's nice...I don't just want one brand that all drive the same...I'm getting some real steel beefy cups of my own design and specs made locally seeing as none are coming from the factory as yet or any other source..and then hopefully I can get a tank thru it without breaking out the toolbox... and start having some real fun with it

Well moo that 27.2cc with the vrc pipe will be all you need in that new rc unit...
any more will be too much over kill..(engine wise)....O'Neail makes a great engine
as you know already.....I know we have talked about many things RC Related...
and even on this new Rc unit....Glad you chose to go with the 27.2CC
In my opinion that is a perfact match.........Slawhammer

Grass tracker. Well in case you haven't heard it's pretty flat in the south. I really shouldn't mess with the subject but you were all red cat just a few weeks ago. It's all about choice, you choose a good offer and became a poster boy. It's all good I just want to see some real power on that "bad unbreakable machine" Even though I like flat grassy areas. I like keeping my investment in one piece.

and before redcat he was an fg guy, I bought a lot of his fg parts hehe. I'm a die hard. I had a Redcat mt too, and I ran it s a buggy.I have the redcat rally and I don't care if it's a redcat. it handles well and less strain. I think the difs will survive.

Moo stirred the pot a bit but it was good intentions. Take it for what it's worth. He beats the snot out of his rc's lol. If it survives, so far it has, then that's a good sign. If it develops slop early or something shows up, he'll female dog about this truck too.

so on with the Mootilation then?

+1 Barry and thank you...you know what i'm like and have known me on the forums for sometime, like I said i'll tell it how it is...plain and simple, if this truck turns out to have problems i will be letting all know about it and if the factory doesn't address it ...yep I will female dog about it for sure.

My intentions were good when I stirred the pot, i wanted something done...didn't seem to work as i intended, instead all of a sudden for telling the truth I've become a pariah, as posted elsewhere I'm going to get my own diff cups made up from 4140 steel to my specs that'll hopefully fix the problem as i have little faith in a cure from other avenues coming anytime soon.
I also somewhat resent the poster boy comment (but you're entitled to your opinion), again I'm just telling it as I'm finding it...and no where have I said that the nutrech was unbreakable cos nothing is and I know I will break it...all i've said is that so far it's a tough bugger.

anyways i don't want to get into a pissing match, I've got thick skin and so it's all good to me.
As soon as my motor/pipe combo arrive it'll be going in and then I can continue my testing and review with way more power in this thing...which has always been my intention (i ordered them same time I ordered the truck but the pipes were on backorder)...I have to push it to it's limits so we all know what they are:hammer: but as most will see in the vids it has ample power and speed as it currently stands and many buyers wont feel the need to put in any more motor

Well I am just wondering why didn't you warn others and my self when we were thinking about getting a red cat. If they were so bad. If it was an on going problem. Like Rob @ rampagehopups said he hasn't sold that many out puts. That's all it just seems strange. I resent being called a grass track racer! I am done now. Won't here me say any more about this subject. Good luck and happy rc'n

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks