No fuel in primer bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi83

Hello guys, I want to see because I bought a new carburetor for my Losi five and it started to die on me and I noticed that the primer bulb had no gas and when I went to go push the primer bulb, no gas wanted to fill inside and no gas was going into the return line back into the tank, so wanted to see if you guys could help me if you guys had the same issue or not

It still has the stock lines if I’m not mistaken the black one is supposed to go under the carb and the yellow clear one is the top for the return?

It still has the stock lines if I’m not mistaken the black one is supposed to go under the carb and the yellow clear one is the top for the return?
yes clear or yellow is the return mate,
try pinching the clear line between yer fingers and pumping the bulb, see if that gets the fuel started up the line to the carb,
i've had carbs that wont pump at first before now as well,

I forgot to mention that when the truck sits for like a hour the bulb ends up filling back up on its own

Pics? I have 2 obr insulator and I have no issues, I had a ddm one that did what your does. Is the black nylon piece in the middle between the carb and insulator?

Yea thats not how you assemble that and that is why your having this issue. Where's the black nylon piece? I had the same issue you did with the carb vapor locking and boiling the gas right out of it and that was the ddm one.

Your missing the piece I drew an arrow at.

Screenshot_20230401_144355_Photo Editor.jpg

It’s this isn’t it? I thought it was a knew spacer for the other side of the carb so I didn’t use it. I’m going to put this on thanks for the help I was already going to take apart the carb and dig myself in a deeper hole.

Attachments

• 668E2B75-9CB5-4C79-B9FD-0D9CDA2D6B75.jpeg
    668E2B75-9CB5-4C79-B9FD-0D9CDA2D6B75.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 8
Yep that is it, make sure to use new gaskets and you need a gasket on each side of that.. also check that your carb bolts don't come up short going into the aluminum insulator

yeah I have extras will use new gaskets and I got these when I order the new insulator

Attachments

• 7BA41D82-C0F6-4D9A-BA10-0EDFA9F1AB04.jpeg
    7BA41D82-C0F6-4D9A-BA10-0EDFA9F1AB04.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
Back