no gas required

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen that before its cool but not for me I like gas just fine.The price for all that good stuff is crazy expensive.I give him props for the install but just takes away from what the Baja is all about IMO.

I agree 250%.
I seen these guys at the Wram show.They went on & on about how these electric versions can outrun the gas & nitro versions without breaking a sweat. Now im not knocking technology but "PLEASE", give me a break. Gimme a gas version of any RC car over an electric anyday ! My 5th scale will run app. an hour on one tank. U are not getting that out of an electric 5th scale. And if u do, u know how many batterys u would have to put in it(lol) ???? (IMO)

Last edited:
I agree 250%.
I seen these guys at the Wram show.They went on & on about how these electric versions can outrun the gas & nitro versions without breaking a sweat. Now im not knocking technology but "PLEASE", give me a break. Gimme a gas version of any RC car over an electric anyday ! (IMO)
and u will lose. i was told the same sort of stuff by t-maxx and savage owners. until they lost to my brushless emaxx.:2guns:

I wonder how hot the lipos would get after :45min of use though?
Neat idea but ya, batteries would be pretty expensive and if your using lipos off road hope you don't get a hole in the battery in a crash or boom up in flames that baby would go.:(

and u will lose. i was told the same sort of stuff by t-maxx and savage owners. until they lost to my brushless emaxx.:2guns:

I wish we lived near one another. I'd like to see a race with ur brushless & my 6+hp FG ! Not to mention I have a Comp FG that I race on-road at the local track with 8th scale Serpents etc.

Last edited:
As cool as it is...it just costs too much.

But todd is right..with the right brushless setup you can beat just about anyone in a drag. Insane power!

I was into electric helis. take a look at something like the joker and see some serious lipo packs. I never had anything that big because of the cost of the lipos needed. hell I paid as much for a lipo in my quick e10 as I just spent on a new oneills motor and jp pipe. getting a 6s4p is still about what $800?

As cool as it is...it just costs too much.

But todd is right..with the right brushless setup you can beat just about anyone in a drag. Insane power!

Listen, I raced this guy recently I met at the LHS.He has a Tricked out E-Maxx w/Brushless set-up, the whole sha-bang !
Yes I will admit, off the line he took off, but I caught him and sorry to say he got in front of me, well imagine what happened.A 35lb truck WOT isnt stopping on a dime ! Now if "BRUSHLESS" was sooooooooo fast I wouldnt have caught him is all im saying !!! :2guns:

Its nice, its also very expensive. Personally, that takes the fun out of it.
Hearing a tuned or stock pipe is what brings music to my ears.
Smelling the fumes puts a :lol: on my face
Getting burnt by a very hot pipe, priceless.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks