No low end power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Drove my Losi extensively for the first time today. This thing is pretty fast on the top end but the low end is WEAK! Off idle I can barely spin the tires on gravel. I spent a lot of time tuning the carb as well. I have a ddm dominator pipe coming so this will help. Will a velocity stack help at all? Are there any graphs on the power curve for these things. It's a stock 26cc

The pipe will help a ton! The velocity stack only a little. The 26cc is a little overmatched in the 5ive T weight class. I had the best response when I swapped for the walbro 1028 carb. and added a tuned pipe, then it would light em' up.....Welcome to LSF.

Thanks, I've been thinking about getting another carb. I also want to get a new gas cap I think mine keeps plugging up and causing issues.

You can ream out the holes in the gas cap diaphragm for better breathing, but don't go too big, or it will spit when rolled-over. There is a rubber and plastic washer thingy. I did it to mine and have not had issues. Also the stock fuel line is not the greatest. I went to 1/4 in. OD Tygon from a chainsaw shop.

Did you change both fuel lines, and do the bigger lines still hook up to the carb? When you reamed tags gas cap did you ream the inner and outer holes of the cap

Did you change both fuel lines, and do the bigger lines still hook up to the carb? When you reamed tags gas cap did you ream the inner and outer holes of the cap
Yes, both fuel lines, 1 is 1/4 in. OD and the other is 3/16 in. OD. I remember reaming the inner holes of the diaphragm and not the outer cap shell. Enlarging the cap hole would just make fuel spill faster, the diaphragm insert is where it "breathes"

I'd check the clutch condition and make sure the your running a 8000 or 9000rpm clutch spring as the 26cc needs to be running at a higher rpm in the losi due to it not having as much torque as the bigger cc motors..

Push the truck freely with engine off (with throttle set to zero), and make sure brakes are not locking up, and inspect there is no binding in diffs, shafts, a pebble, etc.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks