No low end power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Drove my Losi extensively for the first time today. This thing is pretty fast on the top end but the low end is WEAK! Off idle I can barely spin the tires on gravel. I spent a lot of time tuning the carb as well. I have a ddm dominator pipe coming so this will help. Will a velocity stack help at all? Are there any graphs on the power curve for these things. It's a stock 26cc

I take it when you say for the first time, that its the first few tanks. Give the engine a few more tanks, they tend to wake up after a while.

You gotta provide more information, spark plug color, spring and clutch working good. Check there is no binding when rolling the car with the engine turned off. The Losi has a small engine, a pipe and a 8k spring will show significant power improvement.

Use only synthetic oil, and after a few more tanks, go 35:1, no leaner than that to be safe (synthetic only).

One of the things I have noticed on new china mass produced engines is, the shimming on the clutch shoes is almost always too tight.

Without the clutch spring been installed, the shoes should be able to move easily, no effort needs to be applied to make them move (without the spring!!!).

I use much thinner shims from 1/8th buggy diff shims for the clutch shoes.

** also, sometimes the holes where the bolt goes through needs to be sanded off a little and if possible polish it, 500 sandpaper would do. I apply the same to the surface of the bolt (cylindrical area), and to both sides of the faces of the clutch shoe where it touches the bolt and the inner area where it rests against the clutch shoe support. In other words, all areas that move/make contact are polished shoe and bolt. Of course leave the padding contact surface alone.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks