no low end power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12 Bravo

i ran the truck on fathers day and it ran awesome, got it back out 3 days later didnt want to start, no low end power and once it went about 30' it would start pulling hard on the top!!i run ethanol free 90 octane fuel wit klotz super techni plate oil mixed at 32-1. i've tried adjusting the carb with no change to how it runs. everything turns freely,any ideas whats the problem could be

Have you looked at the clutch? Could be the spring is allowing it to engage too early.
i was thinking the clutch and i have it apart and 1 shoe is worn down to the metal in the center,whats the best way to check the spring?

thanks for the help everybody got a new clutch and a hostile racing clutch bell carrier ordered

well i put a new clutch and it's the same story, i did notice that it gets worse the longer i run the truck

Does the clutch bell carrier have any venting? Clutch may be suffering from fade. When it heats up the shoes sometimes glazed over and does not perform well. What spring is in it? 8k is stock I wouldn’t go less really. Lower engagement doesn’t allow rpm rage to get up to a snappier take off. Lower rpm range may cause you to basically ride the lower rpm range until you get into the power band and then you have performance. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the muffler is causing all the problems!!!took it off yesterday to see what would happen and it starts , runs i still have the carb a little out of adjustment. i'm soaking it in gas overnight to see if that will clean it out

Yeah I believe a stock exhaust has like an insulation in it. Maybe it got wet from fuel or washing your truck. Most guys prefer to use an after market pipe for power improvements and those do not have anything inside them. It’s the shape of it that creates back pressure so your engine performs better. Glad you got it figured out. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks