no more burnouts to heat tyres for me lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

been a lucky little boy this year ive just turned 40 and my wife and daugter brought me this set of used krm tyre warmers off ebay from kenny at krm modelsport these came with the 4 warmer blankets and muchmore adjustable temp controllers[30-80 degree's] all with plugs ect,,ive made up a simple wiring loom to run from a 12v cig lighter socket these heat tyres up in @10-15mins ive not had chance to use them on the car yet but its quite amazing how hot they get in such a short time looking foward to using them very soon

must add the quaility is spot on there made very well and don't look cheap or like the have had much use plus kenny sent me all the info on using them and looking after them ect and even offered after sale support even though they were secondhand top bloke

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ive not used them on the car yet mate but did try a set of tyres pluged in to the cig lighter in my golf and after just 10 odd mins they were nice and hot,not to the point of not being able to hold them but enough to know there hot and sticky and the 10 mins using them is 10 mins im not trying to keep the thing in a straight line,,to be honest its the fronts i had trouble getting heat into the rears soon get hot spinning up,,but as the asda ad says every little helps lol

I thought you were going to say you'd blown the tyres off the rims - that's what I was close to doing with the tyres on the Macca.
If/when I replace the Macca body, I'll probably have to get round to replacing the tyres, 'though I only 'bash' - yeah I know, literally once at Deeside - still hurts!!

Al.

well funny you should say that al that has happened before mate trust me its great when your just going mental spinning up the rears and bang tyre explodes in f1 style bits everywhere and rubber dust covering the rear of the shell,,of course they were a well used past there best old rims that were begging to be destroyed clarkson style power power power,,if you aint tried it you really should its great

ps i love the vid of you macca apart from the kerb part that makes me cringe i bloody hate kurbs they hurt

Thanks.
I do like that Macca as well.
May return to it in the near future - alternate looks each year, or something.
Regret only one thing - the lamps are painted over, but no big deal.

Good effort on the tyre - reminds me of Clarkface as you say, testing one of the overpowered Mercs until they figured out he couldn't arrive home with one set of tyres!!
Al.

thanks al that took a good 5 mins of solid burnout to give up but man when it let go i nearly shate myself was like a shotgun going off then the car went all wonky

don't get me wrong i would love to have a go but theres just nowhere local plus the on roads just for fun to be honest,,but we have just found a wicked carpark without any body to piss off[hopefully but theres always one]

TART!!!!

Only kidding, they are a great bit of kit and Kenny is a top bloke, you can get them with your name or car brand embroidered on when they're new.

yeah mike kenny was very helpfull mate and the warmers quality i cant see how it could be any better to be honest and for £80 i just had to have them lol

seen it on ebay mate but i honestly don't need any more engines plus the 29cc oddie is just perfect and still only had 3-4 tanks run through it so its still nice and tight

are you at the lsor event in essex this month mate if so make sure you get more bloody haribo this time hopefully see you there

I'm not going bud, I'm saving for the euros in spain and possibly and on road car too.

I have a load of bits for sale after a clear out, Magura 2 brakes, FG/Mecatech expert brakes, clutches and so on, I'll list it all on here but if you want anything, give me a shout.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks