No need to rebuild carbs, just buy new !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

I have not needed to buy a replacement small engine carb in the past 20 years. As of late i had to buy 2 in the past month. My lawn tractor has to be parked under my deck and the dam fuel tank always gets water in the fuel which eventually just corrodes the crap out of the carb internals. Spent an hour dissasembling the carb only to really access it as "junk" and not worth rebuilding. I figured a new carb was going to set me back about $40 , to my delight I found a Chinabro LMT 4993 for friggin $15 shipped out of NJ !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Carburetor-For-Briggs-Stratton-Walbro-LMT-5-4993-With-Mounting-Gasket/292300313410?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Had the carb at my door in 3 days ! Slapped it on my lawn tractor and it immediately fired up and ran great. Needed just a slight bit of tweaking on the a/f needle. My mower runs the balls now ! Hasn't run this clean in many years.

I also have a carb on order for my Ryobi weed trimmer, I somehow lost the carb linkage rod that can't be purchased separately. This carb is a Zama W44 and it was $16 shipped. Another cheap no brainer solution rather than screwing around with individual parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

when you can get a wt990 with shaft bearings installed and only needing the pop off adjusted for $50 or under makes me laugh at all the posts on RR work.....NOT WORTH IT PEROID!

I get Lorraines point ,we are talking about two different types of engines ,one carb is good for just yard equipment ,
the other is high performance that takes more fuel & air intake!

Didn't know if your talking about getting cheap carbs instead of rebuilding em for yer lawn equipment or your taking about rc, or taking the principals from her lawn stuff and bringing it over to RC. I'm confused. Lol.

Didn't know if your talking about getting cheap carbs instead of rebuilding em for yer lawn equipment or your taking about rc, or taking the principals from her lawn stuff and bringing it over to RC. I'm confused. Lol.

Well ,any more ,even the $600 to 800 dollar commercial equipment are using cheap carbs ,about 5 years ago ,
park purchased a brand new $ 600 Shindaiwa ,2 weeks of use ,the carb took a dump ,I about fell over backwards
when I found out that the carbs only cost less than 20 bucks ,the older 10 to 20 year old carbs ,would cost at
least $80.00 to a 100 bucks!

Well ,any more ,even the $600 to 800 dollar commercial equipment are using cheap carbs ,about 5 years ago ,
park purchased a brand new $ 600 Shindaiwa ,2 weeks of use ,the carb took a dump ,I about fell over backwards
when I found out that the carbs only cost less than 20 bucks ,the older 10 to 20 year old carbs ,would cost at
least $80.00 to a 100 bucks!
So your talking about lawn/commercial equipment not RC? I'm still confused ?

So your talking about lawn/commercial equipment not RC? I'm still confused ?

Yea ,an that is what Polr-bus is talking about ,most of those carbs are alike ,an the internals interchange ,
I can literely walk out to my shed an grab a carb kit for a weed eater an use it in my Baja carb ,an in fact ,
that is exactly what I am going to do ,I don't need to buy that part to kit it!
Yea ,an that is what Polr-bus is talking about ,most of those carbs are alike ,an the internals interchange ,
I can literely walk out to my shed an grab a carb kit for a weed eater an use it in my Baja carb ,an in fact ,

I am actually running a Shindaiwa 2 ring piston in my Baja engine right now!

I am actually running a Shindaiwa 2 ring piston in my Baja engine right now!
Sweet post some pics along the way??of everything rebuild part pack ect ??

I guess most of you didn't know that back in the day it was normal to use a weed wacker engine or chainsaw engine in a large scale rc for a power plant. My great uncle used to do this to great effect. Between his cars and planes he built them all from the ground up. He used to tell me when he first got into rc there wasn't much for the large scale flight guys, you had to get creative to make something big fly

I guess most of you didn't know that back in the day it was normal to use a weed wacker engine or chainsaw engine in a large scale rc for a power plant. My great uncle used to do this to great effect. Between his cars and planes he built them all from the ground up. He used to tell me when he first got into rc there wasn't much for the large scale flight guys, you had to get creative to make something big fly
Didn't know that. Wasn't around back then lol

Im 53, and i vaguely remember i had an uncle who was into helis and planes way back in the early 70's. His "man cave" was PACKED with tons of bulky analog radio gear. Back then most of the guys had to build from basic Balsa wood and lots of time invested from start to finish. No such thing as "RTR" back in the 60's to 70's

Last edited:
You can also look on E-bay an see a lot of vintage stuff ,old spark an diesel engines ,along with old style Kraft radio gear!...:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks