noob questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clarify an obvious misconception posted earlier, MCD's are NOT made whole or even partly in China. They are manufactured and assembled entirely in the one factory in Turkey.
Here in Oz the base model Race Runner buggy retails for $1270 and Blackline On-roads for $1096. You pay about $1000 for a clone with crap radio, engine and servos so really you save nothing in my opinion.

wow... i wish the price was that comparable here..

the best price i see is over $1500 for a roller!! rtr is $2200!!:(
http://www.largescalerc.com/MCDRallycar.html
the clones are $819 rtr... thats a pretty big difference!
http://www.oversizerc.com/p/447808/fs-racing-15-scale-4wd-rc-on-road-touring-car--.html
at that price i can afford to buy all new arms, and shocks, and wheels, etc and still be under the mcd price......

im not sayin its right, im just sayin! lol...

i don't care about the radio, i have a nomadio sensor ill be using. and hitec servos.... the engine might not be too bad in the clone either, 30cc stock and 4 bolt head...

Last edited:
I agree that MCD's are way overpriced. At the price they are selling at I am surpised at how many people buy them. Must be the lure of 4wd. PQRS, I say go for it and buy the fs. You've got the electronics and those are the worst part of the clone, so that isn't even a problem anymore. Heres a link to a video of the buggy version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnmlfN-hhjU That engine seems to have pretty good power. .:celebrate:

Someone's lining their pockets...seems to me the USA importers making enough to buy a small island off you guys. Powerslide in Aus are the importers so i guess he sets the price where he thinks is fair... I'd be getting onto MCD or their US distrib and asking what the hell's going on, I'm sure MCD would appreciate the feedback as they'd likely sell a lot lore units if the prices were consistent with ours.
Who is the importer/distributor in the US anyway?

Just to clarify an obvious misconception posted earlier, MCD's are NOT made whole or even partly in China. They are manufactured and assembled entirely in the one factory in Turkey.
Here in Oz the base model Race Runner buggy retails for $1270 and Blackline On-roads for $1096. You pay about $1000 for a clone with crap radio, engine and servos so really you save nothing in my opinion.

Damn, i guess i will buy my Onroad MCD from you when i'm ready, can't find a used one in the US for $1100! even without a motor!

ya really... hook us up!! id for sure buy a mcd instead of the clone if the price was close.. within a few hundred dollars and it would be worth it.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks