Normal to leak gas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinAl

Is it normal for the tank to leak gas if the buggy is tilted to its side? I remember even reading in the manual, they say not to lean it or tilt it to the side of the gas cap because it could leak. This doesn't sound normal to me. Any mods you guys have made so it doesn't leak?

Generally, NO.
There might be a breather hole, but it normally indicates there is a problem with the thread of the cap.

Gas / petrol 2-strokes don't have the problem that nitro engines have - they pressurise the tank to ensure the fuel continues to pump out. Petrol has a high vapour pressure.

Al.

Thanks. My gas cap has a hose coming out of the center that goes to the front of my air cleaner. I am thinking that is for the tank to vent. I must just have a bad seal in the cap. Is there any special seal I need for this?

Is it leaking from the cap or the feed/return grommet?

Check the rubber gasket thing inside the gas cap. It may have torn if cap was screwed on improperly

Those are no high end caps, just mass produced, some are better than others. Regardless of brand, the same will happen if you buy a weed eater, or lawn mower from Sears or Home Depot. Everything is mass produced and every once in a while a few are bad. Mine had to be realigned and problem solved. The cap needs to work as a one way valve.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks