not running a killswitch heres what can happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What model of 2 channel? Some 2 channel radios will work with the Super Bee. You just have to flip a dip switch to turn off the Aux mode. You would then kill the engine by turning off the transmitter power. Unless you have a 2 channel HPI radio. There's nothing that will work with that radio.

All my stuff runs on Futaba. Works perfectly with a Super Bee.

But if you can't afford that then look into a FlySky gt3b. They work with the Super Bee too.

Kent any problems using the new super bee on any of the spektrum radios ...

k....

hey guys when i first got my FG touring car i didnt know much about killswitches and then i had the dreaded same senario as in that very video!! car went out of control and hit a massive metal gurder, like spare building foundation thing, smashed off the front bulkhead damaged all the pins holding the wishbones on smashed up the bodyshell. luckily it was there because it hit at only about 30mph if wasnt would have hit a building! since then i bought a killerbee and its been great for like £40 its a no brainer could potentially save your self hundreds or thousands of £ depending on the car you got.

Just ordered my killer bee early this morning and got the DDM deal of the day price! It was $46. Best money I have spent so far!

!

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand by what I've said in the past that 99% of runaways are down to poor maintainance - this includes a battery falling off. As racer racing in a controlled areaI wouldn't have a kill switch because, by the time you've realise it's all going wrong and realised you need to hit the switch - it's already gone wrong.
I know that when I load up my servos from flat chat to full brakes and steering round a hairpin bend, there is a big voltage drop and I wouldn't want the kill switch kicking in and arsing up my race.

I'm not slating anyones product here, I'm using "kill switch" as a common term.

I stand by what I've said in the past that 99% of runaways are down to poor maintainance - this includes a battery falling off. As racer racing in a controlled areaI wouldn't have a kill switch because, by the time you've realise it's all going wrong and realised you need to hit the switch - it's already gone wrong.
I know that when I load up my servos from flat chat to full brakes and steering round a hairpin bend, there is a big voltage drop and I wouldn't want the kill switch kicking in and arsing up my race.

I'm not slating anyones product here, I'm using "kill switch" as a common term.

Servo glitches occur, plain and simple. Plus, the kill switch cuts the truck off if something fails. You don't have to hit the 3rd channel to kill it. The cutoff voltage is adjustable, so a servo drawing power wouldn't cause the kill switch to activate unless you choose it to.

!

Servo glitches occur, plain and simple. Plus, the kill switch cuts the truck off if something fails. You don't have to hit the 3rd channel to kill it.

!

Not with my car, the worse I get is the radios failsafe kicking in very rare circumstances and even then it's it's only for a second while the interferance passes.
Maintenance and set up is 99% of good safe fun with RC cars.

Not with my car, the worse I get is the radios failsafe kicking in very rare circumstances and even then it's it's only for a second while the interferance passes.
Maintenance and set up is 99% of good safe fun with RC cars.

I hope you're not running Spektrum. Lol.

If you run enough, a runaway will happen. Nobody can predict a servo or receiver or battery failure. I've seen HPI's driver John Schultz have a couple runaways at race events. His full time job is just RC cars. You think he doesn't know proper RC maintenance?

Don't believe me though. it'll happen eventually. A good runaway turns many kill switch disbelievers into believers. Just give it some time.

I hope you're not running Spektrum. Lol.

If you run enough, a runaway will happen. Nobody can predict a servo or receiver or battery failure. I've seen HPI's driver John Schultz have a couple runaways at race events. His full time job is just RC cars. You think he doesn't know proper RC maintenance?

Don't believe me though. it'll happen eventually. A good runaway turns many kill switch disbelievers into believers. Just give it some time.

I'm not saying they don't have their place but I'd never have one on my car for the reasons I've stated - if someone could create something that only worked if there was a total power loss rather than low power, I might reconsider. I use a Futaba 3pk, I use all three channels, how would the switch operate?

ive had 1 runaway hitting wagons own car a vaxhaul safira and it hit it that hard we had to lift his car up to get my marder out and resulted in me having to pay neils insurance to get the damage fixxed,since then i wont run without one but haven't had a problem since and the only way my k/switch gets used is to turn engine off after ive had my fun,but its better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it,im not sure what caused my runaway only thing we could think of at the time was a stick had wedged itself into the throttle linkage holding it wide open

I'm not saying they don't have their place but I'd never have one on my car for the reasons I've stated - if someone could create something that only worked if there was a total power loss rather than low power, I might reconsider. I use a Futaba 3pk, I use all three channels, how would the switch operate?

I am not a pro, so anyone please feel free to correct me: in your situation, the super bee would require a splitter from the steering servo channel of your receiver. You would not be able to kill the truck yourself, but the glitch kill would still function as normal. Remember, the battery cutoff voltage can be set as low as you wish. So if you found that the super bee was killing your truck due to voltage spikes from the servo, you could lower the cutoff voltage.

!

Then it's time to reconsider. The Super Bee kills your engine automatically if battery power is totally lost. Unplug the TX or the RX battery and the engine will be killed. Both the TX and RX have to be powered on and communicating For the engine to run.

Even without any available channels the Super Bee will still work. Use a Y-splitter cable on any channel and plug in the Super Bee and it will monitor the signal. Once it sees you turn off the transmitter power, which causes a radio glitch, it will automatically kill the engine.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine. I was in the I don't need one till luckily my brake throttle servo died in the brake position. Then I got thinking what would off happened if I was on the gas. 60bucks is cheaper then a fill up of race gas (5gal).

Back