Nutech gt5r to a FG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strick316

Getting a Nutech gt5r and building it up to a FG by buying FG parts instead of Nutech parts. Is this a good way to go or just buy a FG sportsline and build it up to a FG EVO.

what are you doing with the car? this is the biggest thing to retermine what the best thing to do is. if your a parking lot basher or ocasional racer, either the gt5r or fg sportsline will be good. if i were to start again, i think a new fg sportsline would be my starting point, add in hydraulic brakes and a 4 fold adjustable diff and id be set. the nutech is a decent car, however again, id be changing to hydro brakes and a limited slip diff. i really don't think all the aluminum is needed for a parking lot car, i think some flex may be better.

if your going to be racing on a purpose built track, skip the nutech and head to an fg evo or comp. the nutech really is just a sportsline copy in aluminum, the comp/evo are more refined with more tuning options and some better stuff.

I will be racing in the parking lot. This will be my first 5th scale so I do want to buy a money pit. I rule out MCD for now because of upgrades and from what I hear they burn thru tires fast. What I want is a good on road car that handles good and build it up to go fast. Nutech is what I got my eye on for the price to get me started and to have some money for performance parts, body, pipe and maybe an engine down the line.

my semi is mostly nutech. I have an fg comp chassis. you just need to get an fg motor mount set and the motor side plate, gas tank and servo tray. the rest bolts on no problem. I also changed the brake caliper bolts to fg stud bolts. very minor changes to have an all alloy rc.

the newer gt5r's are supposed to have a thicker chassis so changing the chassis might not be needed. I'll know soon enough as I just ordered another gt5r which should be here soon. I just need to make some money to pay for it LOL

I am a huge fg fan but there is nothing wrong with a nutech. it is about 90% based on the fg sportline aside from the parts to change above if you put on an fg chassis. the tuned pipe is actually not too bad.

the bad. tires suck. but what rtr tires don't, even my fg f1 tires were pitiful. the shocks are too long in front and you have to fiddle with them a bit to make them useable. the springs are too long though fg springs fit fine... the original chassis (I got the first one in canada) was a noodle and Chris at Nutech and I talked at great length about this (not always nice words either haha) and he said they were making them thicker/stronger. body is ok, and the rear mount sits too high

I've done a year of running on this one and it still is in great shape. I will say the Nutech layshaft is a much better design than the fg with the c clip after the gear so it doesn't come off and chew your gears up (fg better take a closer look and steal that idea) when they come loose, not if, when.

No way I am selling the semi. I love my truck and I love on road. hell I will have 2 of them here... so there ya go. I've owned both fg and nutech so can give an opinion based on actual use and have swapped many parts around and know what works and what doesn't. if you need any help with it, just ask. I am a forum geek and usually around

Hey everybody I'm ordering the Nutech today. Found it one state over from a dealer that sells Netech, FG and MCD parts. $980 RTR with 2.4 remote and digital servo with shipping included which is a day away so part will be easy to get. I am getting a clear one so I will be posting a new thread with the progress. Need to think of a good paint job.

sounds good. to stay with the stock chassis setup, you'll just need a couple things...

fg front bumper, even just the lower plastic mount. inexpensive part

stud bolts http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cg...g_8448&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsuche--stud bolt
the bolt used doesn't stop and has to be loktited. this is much better and you can adjust the brakes externally with wheel on using a tamiya wrench

some yellow fg springs for back, red for front.

some decent tires and a killer bee kill switch and you will have a decent handling car. if you have the capability, cutting the front shock body and the shock shaft, retapping the shaft threads, then it's a free fix for the front shocks just time. that said, ask if that has been fixed too because it might have allready been addressed. Nutech is pretty good about updating stuff.

if you get really picky, you can replace the lower front arm spherical bearing with an fg one as it will have less play. our lot isn't pristine, and I haven't noticed it much so left mine alone... but that option is there as well. and after you paint, do the shoe goo and drywall/fibre tape around the bumpers and body mounts. especially the front ;)

I am ordering the car from a dealer I found on RC Universe. I will be happy to give you his info but first let me test everything out first with the ordering to see how it goes. The guy uses paypal to sends his order out, last year I tried to order one from him and the shop sold the last one but he refund my money the same day so that was a good sign. Give me to next week by that time I should have the car so I will get back.

Strick

I am ordering the car from a dealer I found on RC Universe. I will be happy to give you his info but first let me test everything out first with the ordering to see how it goes. The guy uses paypal to sends his order out, last year I tried to order one from him and the shop sold the last one but he refund my money the same day so that was a good sign. Give me to next week by that time I should have the car so I will get back.

Strick

Hello ..

I am new to this forum and I am thinking of buying a GT5R.

Here in Brazil NUTECH the brand is not well known, but the prices are very inviting.

Thanks if you can give me good shops to get this automodel.

I apologize if I posted in the wrong place and also for the bad English ..... hehe

Hello ..

I am new to this forum and I am thinking of buying a GT5R.

Here in Brazil NUTECH the brand is not well known, but the prices are very inviting.

Thanks if you can give me good shops to get this automodel.

I apologize if I posted in the wrong place and also for the bad English ..... hehe

I will do what I can to help you. Their are some flaws on the car so, I have started some changes but don't know how much I will spend. What kind of cars do you have?

I will do what I can to help you. Their are some flaws on the car so, I have started some changes but don't know how much I will spend. What kind of cars do you have?

1:10 I have only one car, kyosho FW05T.

Now it's time to go for a 1:5

The problem is that the stores here in Brazil is hardly the cars 1:5, so we have to import more, which raises prices too.

If a GT5R costs $ 1100.00 U.S., here in Brazil will cost approximately $ 2,000.00 (+ freight, insurance, ...).

So I have to search long in the stores from the outside ...

1:10 I have only one car, kyosho FW05T.

Now it's time to go for a 1:5

The problem is that the stores here in Brazil is hardly the cars 1:5, so we have to import more, which raises prices too.

If a GT5R costs $ 1100.00 U.S., here in Brazil will cost approximately $ 2,000.00 (+ freight, insurance, ...).

So I have to search long in the stores from the outside ...

What about parts? Where are you going to get parts from? I paid $1100.00 just like you said. I sent $30 on springs from FG and now maybe another $100 to $150 on tires. What you need to find out how are you going to get your parts and how fast. Keep this in mind the Nutech GT5R is a clone of the FG sportline so you may get a lot of parts from FG because they have more parts to choose from. Also two wheel drive cars are harder to drive. FG has some 4 wheel drive cars or you can go MCD rally.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks