Nutech thunderbolt 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure will be keeping my eye on this one and think it is going to turn out to be a good buggy. I have been told a pro version will be coming out with all the alloy up grades.

Well we have t wait another 4 to 5 months before we can get them they do look ok pity they took out the front alloy shock tower from the production model that will most probably be one of there upgrades then

The option parts which are confirmed already are the following...

CNC center diff mounts
CNC front upper and lower arms, CNC rear lower arms
CNC steering knuckle (though this is a standard part so I don't know what the difference is, apart from the fact that the pic I have of this part shows black anodizing on the upgrade part, to match the rest of the car, my model has natural colour knuckles).
CNC front and rear shock towers (not sure thickness, would like confirmation)
CNC anti-rollbar mounts
CNC upper front arm holders (lower arm holders, aka arm brace/hingepin holders are already alloy front and rear)
CNC front C-hubs
CNC servo mounts
CNC engine mounts, 2 piece.
CNC clutch bell carrier
Alloy diff cases (cylindrical diff cases housing plaetary gears, not diff 'covers'. For CNC diff 'covers' see below).
CNC aluminum brake disc (this is the only option part I don't see a point for, suggest Nutech consider making an improved braking set with carbon fibre disc and steel calipers (pads).
CNC Rear hubs
CVD universal driveshafts to replace dogbones front and rear
Alloy tank cap
CNC diff covers (bulkheads).
Steel vented clutch bell
Adjustable lauterbacher style 3-shoe racing clutch.
Tuned dual exit rear mounted pipe

I was told the RTR with painted body will be around $950 US street price.

950? Will be interesting to see one of these in action. No matter what China RTR electronics they put in it we will have to replace them. I have yet to see an RTR that I would use the stock electronics in. Wonder how much if anything we could save without electronics?
Has anyone seen the other models? It looks like they are the same buggy with tire and body changes?
I notice the upgrades (Alloy) look to be the same as other models just changed slightly. Wonder if they could be interchanged?
Excited for another 4x4 to come out but still interested in the marketing, cost and durability when it does.:D

Last edited:
well if they plan on selling it for those prises then they should think again nutech still have to prove them selves in this market we no its not easy but if they take more time and listen to there public and read up on the forums I must say i don't here much about the nutech cars especially here over in the EU Time will tell who knows

Just checking a few other things out and came across the Precision CNC metal differential gears well if this is supposed to be precision then what are those spot welds then on the gear wheel come on cutting costs again

Attachments

• 20094101431655.jpg
    20094101431655.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 65
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks