obr prostock dead in the water...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayno

so I have not quite 7 tanks of fuel through my obr prostock 30.5cc... It fired it up the other day and ran fine. Stopped to refuel, fired up but sounded like the motor was coming apart... I pulled it out of the chassis, pulled exhaust and carb and I can see severe scoring on the piston....i can also spin the flywheel by my finger and feel alot of movement in the bearings that wasn't there before.. Oh s#*t... Called obr, they said send it in and they will check it out for free.. I'm guessing some bearings took a sh&%. So I'm sending it tomorrow. Anyone else have an issue like this? I guess we will see what their customer service is all about...:(

im still breaking in mine,, have about 4 tanks in it now,, no worries so far,, there customer service is excellent,,, they have rebuilt seized engines that weren't there fault for free,,,,ive read,, reason I bought one

im still breaking in mine,, have about 4 tanks in it now,, no worries so far,, there customer service is excellent,,, they have rebuilt seized engines that weren't there fault for free,,,,ive read,, reason I bought one[/QUOTE

that's great to hear. I bought from them based on customer service reports from others, so we'll see. Which motor did you get?

a prostock 30.5 long block,,, with a model logic 5t side pipe,,, everytime I run it,, it gets stronger,, havea Baja 5t now,, converted everything pretty much that was king motor,,, spins trenchers relatively easy with 18/56 on pavement,,

what type of car? I am running turtle racing billet gearbox,, ddm black magic gears, fast eddy bearings, kraken stainless layshaft, flm hardened drive cups, darksoul meaty bones, hostile adjustable rear hubs and boots and the list goes on, on my 5t,, this should be relatively bulletproof

what type of car? I am running turtle racing billet gearbox,, ddm black magic gears, fast eddy bearings, kraken stainless layshaft, flm hardened drive cups, darksoul meaty bones, hostile adjustable rear hubs and boots and the list goes on, on my 5t,, this should be relatively bulletproof
its on a dbxl

spoke with obr-Dan today. I am relieved that they were quick with the response and solution. They are definatley taking care of the issue for a small fee. The motor was out of warranty. I was correct in the issue being a bearing. He said a crank bearing failed, Damaged the piston and ring, they will machine the head to fix it as its not bad. So that's all good news!

I know this is an old thread but my OBR Prostock 30.5 failed with exactly the same problem it maybe had 7 litres of fuel through it at the most probably a lot less, OBR UK refused to look into it so I have messaged OBR in the US for some assistance I'll report back in the interim here's some photos.

Here you can see the failed bearing metal fragments and the wear to the inside of the crankcase......

20150404_173831_zpsitonivop.gif

The following two photos show the damage to the top end luckily I caught it early.......

IMAG0758_zpsqib5yakj.gif

IMAG0759_zpso1kq86nq.gif

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks