OBR Signature Series vs. G4Z 34cc Evo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless your a hardcore Racer that needs the best brands or racing in sanctioned events it's pointless. Buy an engine that has US based stock so when something goes wrong you can get parts shipped to you within a few days. I'm not a big fan of constantly ordering things that need to go through customs as they tend to lose things or paperwork gets messed up.

Unless your a hardcore Racer that needs the best brands or racing in sanctioned events it's pointless. Buy an engine that has US based stock so when something goes wrong you can get parts shipped to you within a few days. I'm not a big fan of constantly ordering things that need to go through customs as they tend to lose things or paperwork gets messed up.
The G4Z is also much cheaper so I assume the OBR is better?

Cheap? Compared to what? Obr? Why so dead set on the 2? Sounds like a brand thing to be honest, buy an esp engine for half the price and be happy with the results. 625 dollars for an engine is not cheap my friend.

Cheap? Compared to what? Obr? Why so dead set on the 2? Sounds like a brand thing to be honest, buy an esp engine for half the price and be happy with the results. 625 dollars for an engine is not cheap my friend.
I have a Bartalone 34 and a Taylor 35 and my other 32cc stock zenoah I'm going to put an ESP top end kit on it. So for my next engine I wanted to try either the G4Z or OBR. Not cheap, cheap-er lol

So it would be safe to say that a 30.5cc will have higher revs than a 32cc which will have higher revs than a 34cc?

Does higher revs translate to higher top speed (assuming same gearing)? Do you know what the maximum rpm is on the 30.5cc's vs the 32cc's and 34cc's?

I love the 30.5 in my 5ive t, I was a firm believer that a heavier rig needed a bigger engine and the esp 30.5 changed my view on bigger isn't always better. Yes I just built another esp 30.5 for the mcd, for me a 30.5 on a tight track gives me better pick up plus I see an improvement in throttle response. If I had to guess it is probably turning anywhere from 17-18.5k rpm, gearing is also critical to getting the most rpm out of the engine and especially a good pipe. If you have a mid range pipe you'll never hit its max rpm so keep that in mind too.

rpm isn't everything. Depends on where you need/ want the power. really between the 3 engines you're talking a few hundred rpm difference between the 30.5 and 34cc engine like rep mentioned. They key is acknowledging what your intended use is and getting the engine, pipe, and gearing right for that application. Rep has some unique requirements for racing that generally bashers don't have. I prefer the larger engines for the better low end torque curve, I'm also not worried about top speed in a straightaway either. Pipes will play a huge role in dictating where the powerband will be, and often times takes some trial and error till you get the right pipe for a certain set up. Generally speaking you'll have to pick an pipe that works best for the expected rpm range the engine will see the most.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks