OBR v Roostertail.....And which one???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdarsa

I'm in the market for a new engine.

Currently have a 5b, running an RCMK CR300B and been very happy with it (18T pinion - good allround, not enough top end though, 19T feels a bit slow off the line). I run silenced sidepipe like a vrc, which I would like to keep.

I am undecided as to whether I should go OBR or Roostertail. Currently hankering towards the 29.5cc full mod OBR or 28.5cc V3 Competition mod Rooster tail

My main issue with Roostertail is they are in OZ and I suppose issues are a nightmare, with shipping at £70 each way.

After that, I really can't decide which size to go with - happy to look at full mod. I love the high revving 27's and have seen plenty of people with 30+CC full mods basically have too much torque and the 5b's become a real handful, that they struggle go get round a slightly twisty track.

I'd like a well balanced engine and don't really want to spend much over £300 all in.

So what is the wise choice? still wanting good top speed but for a basher who like running on tracks with mates (I suppose I want more biased towards twisty tracks than drag racing?)

Any experienced advice would really help me here.

Cheers,

Richard.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks