OBR widow maker update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryanlt35

Hey guys,not to sure how many of you run the widow maker but I do and they have been out of parts for a while now and my new motor for this year has been on hold,well anyway,I called them up today to check the status of my motor and good news,they told me that by Friday they will have all the parts in for all the widow makers on back order!!!yay so just wanted to let you all know if ur waiting for one,ITS COMING!!!! Sweet lol can't wait....

Wt-990 carb 38cc full mod,9.7 horse power..it currently is the biggest single piston displacement motor offered by obr..there baddest yet!!it has not come yet but as I said,I spoke with Dan from obr yesturday and he said all parts to complete will be in Friday so I'll have the beast in about a week or so..I'll post pics as soon as it comes.

Sorry forgot to tell you revs,I believe it is 9.7 horse at 16,000 rpm..you can look at the obr YouTube clip...it tells u all about it..

Stock clutch will take it but I have bought a stronger clutch from obr to match engine along with a matched pipe as the exhaust port and header bolts are bigger than stock they went from 4mm to 5mm..

Dude it's sick I just put a Hot Racing set of gears on it. The 54 spur 23 pinion. While I was at it tore it down serviced the center diff carrier bearings took the hitec 900 apart and cleaned and oiled the gears. I boned up something the rear brake is jambing up. It's never done that so I gotta pop the diff cover off and I'm sure I'll find I didn't set the brake cam right. I need to put a new throttle servo in it too. But from the short run I got in no bottom end issues it's so loud with the Victory pipe. It gets up in the power band and makes a sound I've never heard before it's totally bad ass. 41.mph on gps and sick on the track. Wait till you have to pull it I have a Turtle pull ready to go as soon as the stocker shits the bed. Won't be long. I preheat it to help it start the 990 always starts hard with no choke I warm up all of them same carb on the 2 reed cases. You will love ot

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks