Oddified red top

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oliver88

Hi all I have bought a oddified 26cc red top heli engine for my MCD, a couple of questions really, is the oddie ecu better or the tps red race ignition? I suppose they are kind of the same thing in a way also what carb would you recommend ? Thanks

i would go with the ecu myself the mk2 has upto 15 different maps for engines settings ect these somehow change the timing every 100 rpm or so and has the screen which helps set clutch ect and logs data from prev runs ect

I have a redhead as you know Oliver, but never bothered with the ECU........don't worry mate it will scream without it anyway...........lol

I have the Wallboro 813 on mine

The Mielke exhaust really is a mid/top end pipe and it comes in with a bang.........great for racing but keep them revs up, for bashing maybe the Samba 4 might be a better choice.

I have the Red Race TPS ignition, this does not change timing it merely gives a better spark this does have the effect of giving small increases in HP and Torque but what you do notice a real increase in overall engine resposne to throttle inputs. As far as I know the Oddified ECU changes the timing (retard/advance) etc. and is not the same as the TPS system. Both Abatte and Modelsport have a version of the TPS system and they are used mainly for on road racing.

Ians ecu is really suited to track conditions,, ie slippy, high grip an so on,(hence retard and advance)
to be honest its only for the out an out racer but a good gizmo to have !

i run a wt771 the same as a 813 but without the pump thingy the only downside is no choke but its not a problem as i take the filter off and choke it with my finger then its fine been running this carb the whole time ive had the oddie

Here's another one for ya:

The 603, 668, 813, 990 are all the same in venturi specs the differences would be:

The 813 has a acceleration pump and no choke.
The 990 has no acceleration pump and no choke.
The 603 and 668 have a choke and no acceleration pump.

So, you would use the 990 if your sick of the choke. Then you would only have the butterfly to wear out.

You would use the 813 if you had a slight or big bog from low to high performance and need the extra squirt of fuel to take it up.

You would use either the 603 or 668 if you wanted a choke and no acceleration pump and would choose which one depending on which is cheapest at the time.

JMO.:D

Oliver I have the 813, fired up your baja yesterday for a quick shakedown and some tweaking with the Dom..............bloody hell I thought the Oddie was quick in the MCD but in the 5b its ridiculous!!!

Right off the get go the power is right there, screams like a banshee and easily wheelies with the Hostiles depending on the surface.

You wont need to manually choke the 813, just prime the bulb, squeeze the trigger WOT 2-3 times then pull start it, 2-3 pulls and it will fire. You only need to do the above at the start of the day, it will just start 1st pull after that.

Make sure if you go with the 813 you block the hole on the back side of the carb were it bolts on to the motor or you could end up getting dirt in your motor or pluiging up your accel pump.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks