Oh snap, my jet pro broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamitiro Fan

Hey Guy's,check it out
I was running the baja at the park and all of a sudden, it got really loud. So I look under the hood, my pipe no more :crying: I really don't jump my baja, just can't figure out what happened. All is good tho as the pipe is under warranty :cup-1: Here's a few pic's, what do you guy's think?
006.jpg
005.jpg
004.jpg

man that is nasty looks like it was torn

i cant see it melting, the pipes are made out of steal the temps needed to melt steal are much greater then what comes out of the exhaust on any car.

man that is nasty looks like it was torn

i cant see it melting, the pipes are made out of steal the temps needed to melt steal are much greater then what comes out of the exhaust on any car.

Yeah, just an expression,but it does look like it has had a hairline crack in it somewhere and probably a jolt has caused the rupture?
Are you still under warranty?
J.

Yeah, just an expression,but it does look like it has had a hairline crack in it somewhere and probably a jolt has caused the rupture?
Are you still under warranty?
J.

never herd that one before learn something new every day.
when i had my HPI ss pipe on my baja my headers would just crack one time i was just doing WOT passes on pavement and it cracked i went through 3 in as many mouths but they are made out of week ass aluminum.

Bob will take care of you for your pipe....Factory defect...maybe too thin when made..
you will be up and running soon...Slawhammer

the vibration these pipes cop isnt funny, ive had other pipes go its good when they get replaced.

one thing i didnt like abotu the new jetpro v2 fg mt pipe is the weld and flange is slighty blocking the pipe and its needs work.

Well it almost took a month, but guess what showed up. Im really not to happy with
jet pro as they decided to fix it instead of replacing it:nono:. The pipe was not damaged in
a crash, it just broke. That's why I think they should have replaced a 3 month old pipe.
Well off to see how it hold's up:closedeyes:

Thats interesting .... I really figured it would be replaced too ! Do you have any pictures of what it looks like repaired ? I also know for a fact how soon JetPro had it in their hands too. Hummmm

Last edited:
Thats interesting .... I really figured it would be replaced too ! Do you have any pictures of what it looks like repaired ? I also know for a fact how soon JetPro had it in their hands too. Hummmm

I really want to thank you guy's over at Innovative Hobby for helping me
with this issue. Your customer service is second to none, and that's why
I will continue to order my part's from you first. I had a long talk with
Jet Pro but was told it would only be fixed and not replaced. As you can
see the pipe had very low hour's on it and no crash damage, that's
why I am upset. I am happy they did repair it tho, see pic's below

holy cow
that sucks.
"This is a brand new pipe for the MCD. This pipe fits both the Race Runner And the Monster Truck. This pipe comes with a lifetime warranty from Jetpro."

Hey Fernando
A lifetime warranty does not mean a replacement, yes it does suck

I am not here to bash Jet Pro as they did fix it for free, and for
that I want to thank them. I just wish they would have replaced it.
What do you guy's think?

20436[/ATTACH]"]005-2.jpg

20438[/ATTACH]"]002-1.jpg

20440[/ATTACH]"]004-2.jpg

Attachments

• 005-2.jpg
    005-2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 002-1.jpg
    002-1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 004-2.jpg
    004-2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
I really want to thank you guy's over at Innovative Hobby for helping me
with this issue. Your customer service is second to none, and that's why
I will continue to order my part's from you first. I had a long talk with
Jet Pro but was told it would only be fixed and not replaced. As you can
see the pipe had very low hour's on it and no crash damage, that's
why I am upset. I am happy they did repair it tho, see pic's below

Hey Fernando
A lifetime warranty does not mean a replacement, yes it does suck

I am not here to bash Jet Pro as they did fix it for free, and for
that I want to thank them. I just wish they would have replaced it.
What do you guy's think?

IMO it's poor work, they should have cut it at the weld above the crack and welded a new piece (header) in it's place, and it would have been like new.

Last edited:
To repair is acceptable. The look is not. They should of at least ground it down smooth and finished it with a shine. Problem now is the weld unfinished is going to start rusting at the overlap spots. How did the inside look? I hope it was smoother then the outside. If not then the pipe performance could be affected.

To repair is acceptable. The look is not. They should of at least ground it down smooth and finished it with a shine. Problem now is the weld unfinished is going to start rusting at the overlap spots. How did the inside look? I hope it was smoother then the outside. If not then the pipe performance could be affected.

In this case I totally agree. The repair allows it to be used again, but that look is not what I would expect. Did you look through the header inside to see what it looked like inside where the repairs were made ? I'm a bit disappointed in how this turned out .... I hope the pipe works as it did new.

Thanks so much for the great words on the help though.

In this case I totally agree. The repair allows it to be used again, but that look is not what I would expect. Did you look through the header inside to see what it looked like inside where the repairs were made ? I'm a bit disappointed in how this turned out .... I hope the pipe works as it did new.

Thanks so much for the great words on the help though.

The pipe looked ok on the inside,and it mounted up well. I did run
the car today and it ran well. I did get a giant jet pro sticker for
my troubles :cursing::cursing::cursing: I know where that's going :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks