Oil, gas mix Ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larcor69

I sure this is an old question, I went looking for something similar, back into 2016
What ratio is everyone using, I just watched a video from obr, about breaking in a new engine, they are saying 28:1, that's like 5oz. To a gallon roughly, I have run gas boats for years always used 8oz to a gallon of gas, also I have always used Amsoil Dominator oil.
I am sure boats are cars are totally different, boats are run wide open continuesly, as cars are up and down with the rpms, I am new to running a gas large scale, so I am trying to learn what I can, Thanks.

Yup, I do the same also. 24:1 break-in & 28:1 after that. Also make sure to use good quality oil from a motorcycle shop, not a lawn care shop.
I noted as I have half a quart of Amsoil Dominator oil, is this good for car engines or should I go with something else?

Yup, I do the same also. 24:1 break-in & 28:1 after that. Also make sure to use good quality oil from a motorcycle shop, not a lawn care shop.
Yup, DEFINITELY USE PROPER MOTORCYCLE/MX/ECT GRADE OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE SEEN SO MANY PEOPLE JUST USE SH!TTY GRADE OIL BECUASE ITS "CHEAP" AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT HAVING ENGINE PROBLEMS WHEN THEY COULD HAVE JUST SPENT A FEW BUCKS MORE AND GOT PROPER OIL!!!!!!!!!!!! BELIEVE ME, I WAS 1 OF EM!
I noted as I have half a quart of Amsoil Dominator oil, is this good for car engines or should I go with something else?
Amsoil Dominator is amungst the best oils ?? just make sure it's actually for 2 strokes lol

I sure this is an old question, I went looking for something similar, back into 2016
What ratio is everyone using, I just watched a video from obr, about breaking in a new engine, they are saying 28:1, that's like 5oz. To a gallon roughly, I have run gas boats for years always used 8oz to a gallon of gas, also I have always used Amsoil Dominator oil.
I am sure boats are cars are totally different, boats are run wide open continuesly, as cars are up and down with the rpms, I am new to running a gas large scale, so I am trying to learn what I can, Thanks.
I run the same Amsoil in my King Motor T2000, and I mix mine at around 35:1-40:1 and it still burns the plug a little on the rich side at factory setting on the high and low needles, and it runs just fine like that, sounds really good too. Hahaha hopefully this'll help you out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks