On-Road tire help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightmare702

I recently picked up a used FG Sportline and don't know much about set up, tire compounds, shock spring rates, I am not interested in racing... just dirty parking lot running. I am having a tough time keeping control of the car even after warming up the tires it is still very hard to enjoy. The car has worn out PMT Kronos compound 20 on front and rear.Can anyone suggest tires that will provide the best grip for parking lot running or would F1 tires work for my purpose? Thanks in advance fellas. :helpsmilie:

Last edited:
if the lot is really dusty and covered in a thin film of dirt ect. you ll have to grab a good broom and sweep the dirt aside.

the tires maybe too hard or too soft otherwise. I cant remember how the shores go on them, but i think the smaller the number the softer the tire. so a 20 would be pretty soft. maybe too soft for the temps your running.

check out my thread (carson on road new start my style) and you will be able to take a look at the tyres i just got,ran some laps as you will see in the videos uploaded most recent with awesome grip,like you in tarmac parking lot.

the tyres are fg dtm tyres they are medium compound and are just awesome,take alook at the thread for more info.

these are excellent hard wearing tyres with excellent levels of grip..

i would highly reccomend them for your use also.

Hi mate, if you buy a new tyre it would be alot better as there is more rubber to heat up , so the more they ware, the less gripy they become...new tyres is always the best way to go....go for some PMT's of any sort , they are all good, but some drivers perfer some to others...I'd always go for PMT krono's...depending on how hot or cold the weather is, is how you pick your tyre...harder on the front and softer on the back, in winter in the UK i used to run 27 on front and 20's on rear. In summer i used to run 30's on front and 27's on the rear.

if the lot is really dusty and covered in a thin film of dirt ect. you ll have to grab a good broom and sweep the dirt aside.

the tires maybe too hard or too soft otherwise. I cant remember how the shores go on them, but i think the smaller the number the softer the tire. so a 20 would be pretty soft. maybe too soft for the temps your running.
wow. this is a historical moment in time!! wrong way tim. 20's are pretty hard. the lower the # the softer the compound. if you plan on running on a dusty lot you may want to get a leaf blower. it works a charm. 20's are ok when the ground temp is more then 100*f and about a 15 is better when they ground surface is less then 100*f.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks