On the hunt for a rare 15cc Zenoah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I was asking. I talked to a buddy that's been in the large scale flight for a long time (like before dinosaurs) he said zenoah made a 15cc engine but he was sure it didnt mount up the same as our car mounts. Said it had a flange on either side of engine with two holes in each flange. He called it post or said it was also called a cradle mount. He also said it wasnt long before zen came out with the 20cc and 26cc version that were actually almost the same weight. The ignition system was very heavy on the 15cc engine. So most of the flight guys ditched the 15cc for the 20 or 26 cc version. That's why I asked how it mounted. Figured if it was as short lived as what I was just told in the flight scene it may have been the same engine.

I know they made them as Tower hobbies had some many years ago and we used to laugh at the HP rating as our .21 nitros were more than double it was...
That tiger king has full water jackets and a removable dome in head and a steel liner in cylinder you can slide out to fiddle with port windows. It looks like a dirt bike motor just smaller
sounds like an engine for people who love to modify and tweak stuff. I really want to learn how to port and stuff like that, just intimidated by the thought of putting a Dremel or file to the inside of the cylinder. I think I wanna buy a cheap ass rovan motor or something like that and have at it.

sounds like an engine for people who love to modify and tweak stuff. I really want to learn how to port and stuff like that, just intimidated by the thought of putting a Dremel or file to the inside of the cylinder. I think I wanna buy a cheap ass rovan motor or something like that and have at it.
get a full mod cylinder and then a cheap factory stock cylinder from DDM and set both in front of you on table, study both very close and measure every part of each cylinder and record each on paper. Do the best you can to transfer the mod specs to factory stock, Run it and see if you did ok .You won't be out much coin but you just cut your teeth

get a full mod cylinder and then a cheap factory stock cylinder from DDM and set both in front of you on table, study both very close and measure every part of each cylinder and record each on paper. Do the best you can to transfer the mod specs to factory stock, Run it and see if you did ok .You won't be out much coin but you just cut your teeth
ok sounds likea good idea. i think i wanna try this

Hey guys , I walked away from the 15 zen, even if I found a shash somewhere the parts support would be none. I got a sweet little motor coming that will work great for high RPM on road. I had a talk with Mr. Bridgeport and he said the new motor will go right in no problem. I believe Mr. Bridgeport , He can make things happen............

Pain in the ass to tune and keep running
I was just reading the posts and it popped into my head. I don't know much about those 15cc hpi motors i just figured I'd throw it out there incase no one else thought of it. If those are poop that would explain why the savage xl octane never took off.

I was just reading the posts and it popped into my head. I don't know much about those 15cc hpi motors i just figured I'd throw it out there incase no one else thought of it. If those are poop that would explain why the savage xl octane never took off.
Yeah they are crap, but they could have improved it, I would love to see the xl octane a success. Good concept, terribly exicuted.

This had me really curious so I went to the source.

Dear Mr. Trasher

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have not made and sold a 15cc hobby engine at all.
Our the smallest engine cc is 20cc so we think it must be rumors.

With best regards.
Husqvarna Zenoah Co.,Ltd.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks