Once and for all... Nutech same as Smartech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICONIC

Just had a conversation about this on a swedish LS-forum. He says that his Smartech Titan has exactly the same parts as the Nutech TBII, MT, Fuego 5T.

True or false? He also claims that the diffs, shocks and more are exactly the same???

He also told me about the plastic housing of the diffs... He got the smartech Titan and he claim that the Nutech models is built exactly the same way?

He told me that the plastic housing (both inner and outer) causing flexing and destroy the gears? He upgraded to the thicker plastic housing from Nutech and still got this problem.

He also told me that this is a very common problem with the Smartech and could cause problem with the Nutech models also.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I couldn't tell you as i don't own either car. The names have same endings.. Do you think they are made from the same company?

Chris

Best way to see for yourself is go to www.smartechracing.com , download the manual, do the same at www.nutechracing.com . Although they share some similarities they are not exactly the same. Shocks are the same, maybe even the center diff mounts but that's about it. All three Differentials are sealed and tunable with different weight silicone oils (comes from the factory with grease) Nutechs don't use the FG style splined drive cups as the Titan rather internally spring loaded. The list goes on and on, so best check it out and tell your fellow forum member to check his facts first before posting. :2guns:

Iconic refer your friend to my photobucket album (mooman007uk) and view the videos of the testing i have been doing of the nutech megamonster, he'll then be able to see how durable it is, the diffs hold up fine even with 27.2 OBR full mod and VRC propipe....
As for the diff inner out outer cases nutech have upgraded the diff inner cases 3 times now with harder plastic and big steel inserts after extensive inhouse and field testing and the outer housings are totally different to the smartech ones...as mentioned by gas jockey very few parts are interchangeable and even the shocks though they look the same have been upgraded so they don't leak like the old titan ones did.

It's unfortunate that people would post misinformation when they are clearly just guessing about something they know nothing about.

I own both a Titan and a few Nutech cars so I can set the record straight.
Firstly the out diff cases are interchangeable but are not made in the same factory and are visibally different to look at. The Titan suffered from the crown and pinion slipping due to the outer case flexing. Some Titan owners have been buying the Nutech casing to try and solve the problem and seeing as there have been zero reports of the Nutechs having crownwheel and pinion mesh problems this is probably a good move. If a Titan owner is still having mesh problems after adding Nutech outer cases then they should change the wholew diff over to Nutech as well.
The titan and Nutech are NOT the same car, are NOT made in the same factory and are NOT 100% interchangeable with parts. Sure there are some parts that interchange as the Nutechs were based on the titan design but to say the Nutechs will have the same problems the Titans did is totally incorrect.
My Titan suffered diff problems, leaking shocks, gutless motor and front drivehsafts that popped out all the time.
My Nutechs have shown none of these problems.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks