One of our own members rips off another

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killer k

Well we all read the thread from Dreamstate about the FG he bought that was supposed to have the reed motor which i dident from ebay.Well to make a long story short i actually know the guy that sold him the FG.It was a big misunderstanding he thought the motor he had on the truck was a zenoah 4 bolt reed motor.It was actually was a 2 bolt CY 30.5 motor with a trevor simpson head.Dreamstate stated he liked the truck i was going to keep it anyway but he opened a case on ebay and won and they told him he needed to return the FG and he would get a full refund of his money.Well here is the worst part.I hate when people try to screw people over.Chris recieved his FG by UPS from Dreamstate today.I was actually at his house helping him put in a new motor in his 5T.The package arrived when we opened it,it was all bubble wrapped and had the starafoam balls.THE FG WAS THERE BUT GUESS WHAT WAS MISSING?YES THE $400 DOLLAR ZELKIE TRUE FLAME BODY.TO make matters worse we tried to crank over the motor after putting in fresh gas and new spark plug and the truck wouldent start.Nothing worked.Motors feels like it has no compression.Wow so Dreamstate gets a truck that he diden't want but decided to beat the crap out of it.Sends it back gets a full refund of $1075 and keeps the $400 body.Well Ebay is taking care of the damaged truck and stolen body.Plus a police report was made at his own Precient.Yeah coincidenty chris who owns the fg who just got screwed over by Dreamstate is a COP in his district where he lives so reports were made and hopfully this will be resolved quickly.I hate to see noncense like this happening.There was no reasom for this to escalate to this magnatude.Soory to you both.

Killer .k

Last edited:
WE HAVE.No response.Thru Emails and pm's.There is no escuse for stealing this guys body and breaking his truck.He is a good friend and admitted to his mistake and was fine and excited in getting the FG back and reinbursing Dreamstate.He was only selling it because he needed to buy his new born triplets a stroller.Now he can't even sell it if he wanted to.Who knows whats wrong with the motor.It has nooo compression when you pull the starter.He looks like he sabatoged the motor.So now he is out $1135 plus he needs a new engine which the one he had was well worth over $400 and he has no body.

Maybe next time, he should ask u to write his ebay descriptions so there are no more "not as described" situations. Thats a big thing with ebay...the item description is very important and honestly, its hard to believe that a guy who has such a souped up truck would describe it so erroniously.

Just my 2 cents. Im not taking sides.

i hope this doesn't sound like im picking sides because im not, just want the honest truth to be laid on the table so we can help get to the bottom of it and make sure it doesn't happen again, not on here anway but to say its been sabatoged is a pretty big statement.

I agree but i know this truck real well and i helped him start it up and tune it so when chris (dreamstate would get it it would be running great.Thats all.We are good people.We love this hobby and why would you try to srew someone on the forum or anybody.We got the truck ready for shipping and let me tell you this motor was set up right.It was broken in perfect.It was a beast.If i new he posted as reed motor i would have corrected him.It was a true honest mistake.He thought the trevor simpson head was called a reed.He has me do all his motor work.I know there something really wrong with this motor.The compression isent there anymore.No matter what he still kept the body.That over shadows everything else that happened.That's stealing.NO if and or butts.

Well here we go I guess. Just got home from work so I am getting all the emails and stuff now. I work 12-15 hours a day buddy, give me a little time to respond would ya. What ever happened to common courtesy and being polite in this world. Did he ever think to send an email and ask if maybe I forgot to mail the body? I have been nothing but nice and have not tried to screw anyone here. I do have the body, it was on the bottom shelf of my work bench. I sat it there when I was wrapping up the truck in bubble wrap and forgot to put it in the box. I didn't even know about it until I got his email and just checked. I will apologize and have no problem shipping it out to him, but he needs to learn to be a little nicer to people who have been nothing but polite to him. Also maybe try not to boost about being a cop so much and try and threaten people he doesn't know with that. By the way if he still wants to send a cop to my house they are more than welcome. They can ask for Sgt Bebout when they get here;)

About the truck not running. Try tuning it. The altitude here is less than 200ft and I run Sunoco 110 no ethanol with klotz oil. So the tune is going to be way off for that high altitude and regular gas he runs. The compression? It's a new motor right, how did I destroy the compression with 2 or 3 5 minute runs. You guys didn't even know what a reed case motor was yet you are experts somehow.

Don't sit there and say he admitted to his mistake.
1) motor was way different from what it was suppose to have had when I got it
2) everyone makes mistakes I asked him to explain and didn't blame him for anything
3) He said he was told that motor was in it and didn't know, asked how I knew it wasn't a reed case motor, 4 bolt or zenoah
4) I sent detailed pictures showing the difference
5) He said learn something new everyday, but it's worth what you paid anyways and he would not give a refund
6) I said fine I like the truck so give me back $300 and I would keep it
7) He said no and that he knew it was a reed case zenoah 4bolt and I was trying to screw him over.
8) I opened a case since he was now back tracking and blaming me somehow, told ebay I would keep the truck and just wanted a $300 refund. Gave them a link to my threads on here also at that time.
9) ebay said return it for a full refund, he sent me an e-mail saying he would give me back $300 after ebay had already made the decision.
10) I cleaned it to better than I received it and sent it back
11) now all of this.

I'm not even going to respond to you both saying that I abused the truck.

O and if he thinks the motor is trashed tell him to send it to me, I'll pay shipping. I'll put it in my baja, I know it runs.

Last edited:
I also just got his other email saying that he sent ebay a link to my threads and that they and paypal put a hold on my account and were going to give him the money and let him keep the truck:scared:

But, o wait there is an email right above that from paypal saying the funds have been put back into my account and that ebay considers the case closed:rolleyes:

But regardless, I am a descent human being and a man of my word. I will ship his body to him within the next 2 days.

Hey Chris.I'm Mark his Friend and so called rc mechanic.Listen he was truly sorry for the mistake.He did say it was a new motor but started to break in motor which we did.He was told when he bought the truck it had a TS REED MOTOR.So Obviously he got screwed also.He thought the trevor simpson head was called a reed.If i new he wrote that on the ebay ad i would have corrected it myself.It was a honest mistake.You recieved the truck and i know you liked it.I read your threads.I love the truck.It is a 2 bolt cy 30.5 full mod motor with Trevor simpson head.It was never ran on street only on my work bench.Chris has 2 FG'S AND 2 Baja 5t's .One of the FG 's has a 4 bolt motor.He mix them up and thought that motor was the 4 bolt.He asked me do the ebay add because he was so busy with the new triplets.Listem he is a great guy and it was a honest mistake.I bought his savage xl from him last week and thats when he had the extra money so ha emailed u but it was too late.That truck is worth well over $1075 what you paid but i understand it wasent the motor you were ;looking for.He was fine with getting the Fg back and had the money waiting in his paypal account to pay u back but he dident know ebay reinburses u.So when we got the truck back tonight and it had no body with it you have to understand the thoughts that were going threw our heads.I was with him when we emailed u and we gave you the benifit of doubt in case you forgot which you say you did.Now about the FG not starting.We know your intentions were to keep it so you used it a bit.Ok so thinks happen maybe somthing came loose or got stuck or it needs to be cleaned.Like i said we both are honest members of the rc community and i will even apoligise for the mistake.Hopfully the FG will start up tomorrow.I will let chris know about the Body and if you could send it back as soon as u can would be appreciated.You have to understand a lot of people try to pull alot of scams out there and we really don't know one another and somtimes you have to use your perks as a law enforcement officer to get thingstraighten out.So are we good now?Can we all call a truce!Man i have a headache lol

Last edited:
Yeah we know they refunded you.It is between ebay and chris now if the truck has issues.The only problem is ebay said you should have just repackaged the truck and not use it.If there is issues with the truck or the motor they said they will reinburse him the $1135.Hopfully i can get the truck started and running well.Did you have any issues when u ran the truck?Did you try tuning it.Did you mess with the settings?Thanks for the exhaust gasket!If u dident take it off!lol.Im glad we worked this out.

We didn't work out crap... Ebay did. His so called perks as an officer had nothing to do with anything either. Don't try and sweet talk now. Treat others as you want them to treat you. He might be sorry for the mix up now but he refused a refund or partial refund twice, said he made a mistake but wouldn't refund anyways. Then changed his mind and said he didn't make a mistake and I swapped motors or some crap.

In case anyone wants to know, here is his so called giving me the benefit of the doubt. It's at the end after the I'm a cop scare tactic.

"HEY CHRIS.I JUST RECIEVED THE FG TRUCK AND THERE SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING MISSING HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD BE???????????????.LET ME GIVE YOU A HINT ITS BIG AND PLASTIC IT LOOKS LIKE A F150 PICK UP TRUCK WITH FLAMES ON IT.YES IM MISSING MY $400 DOLLAR CUSTOM ZELKIES PAINTED BODY.DO ME A FAVOR AND GET BACK TO ME ASAP BEFORE I NEED TO START PLANNING OTHER THINGS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU.CHRIS I'M A POLICE OFFICER HERE IN NASSAU COUNTY OK I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR LOCAL DEPARTMENT AND MAKING A THEFT REPORT.I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS AND I HAVE COMPUTER ACCESS TO BLOCKED PHONE NUMBERS AND ALL CELL PHONE CARRIERS.SO IF YOUR PLANNING ON JERKING ME AROUND AND KEEPING MY BODY I WOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT IT.IF YOU SHIPPED IT SEPERATE WITH THE TRUCK THEN I WOULD APPRECIATE AN EMAIL LETTING ME KNOW."

You know dude your an poophole.We are trying end this and settle this and u keep being a peepee.Puy=t yourself in his shoes.He gets his truck back no body and it wont start for poop.We don't know u from a hole in the wall.How do we know your not screwing us.Man we are aplogizing and trying to settle this but it doesn't look like it going to happen.Let me tell u this smart ass his truck is broke or messed up at all.Ebay 's coming for you for the price of the truck.They have all your posts stating you spinning the tires leaving track marks doing donuts.YOU ABUSED A TRUCK THAT WASENT YOURS.WOW MAN AFTER WE ARE SAYING SORRY U ARE STILL RANTING AND RAVING.WHAT DO U YOU CARE NOW U GOT YOUR MONEY HE doesn't.YOU KNOW WHAT CHRIS WE WERE GOING DROPP THE CASE FROM EBAY ABOUT YOU ABUSING THE TRUCK BUT WITH YOUR fiddlesticking ATITUDE BRO.IM MAKING SURE I GO THROUGH WITH IT.THIS IS FROM CHRIS NOT MARK.

Wow, nice and apologetic in the new e-mail and this on here. This was directed at your buddy mark who is posting BS on here, not you. Until he came on here I was just stating facts about the situation and not B*tching an moaning about anything. Now he wants to tell me how everything happened? I can put myself in your shoes. The difference is at that point where you get to decide what you say and do, I choose to be a nice and decent human being and ask first instead of accusing and slandering. I'm done, your body is coming, CASE CLOSED.

Last edited:
THEN WHATS ALL THIS poop BRO

We didn't work out crap... Ebay did. His so called perks as an officer had nothing to do with anything either. Don't try and sweet talk now. Treat others as you want them to treat you. He might be sorry for the mix up now but he refused a refund or partial refund twice, said he made a mistake but wouldn't refund anyways. Then changed his mind and said he didn't make a mistake and I swapped motors or some crap.

In case anyone wants to know, here is his so called giving me the benefit of the doubt. It's at the end after the I'm a cop scare tactic

DUDE I TOLD U I DID NOT KNOW IF I HAD A REED MOTOR OR NOT,I WAS TOLD IT WAS.SO YOU WERE TELLING ME I TRYED TO SCAM YOU SO I SAID HOW DO I KNOW YOU COULD HAVE SWAPPED MOTORS.PEOPLE fiddlesticking DO THAT CHRIS ALL THE TIME.GIVE ME A fiddlesticking BRAKE BRO.I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH EBAY FOR 2 HOURS TODAY ABOUT YOU USING THE TRUCK AND I HAD TO SEND 20 PAGES OF THE THREADS AND ALL THE POSTS U WROTE.I TOLD THEM I don't CARE I JUST WANTED MY TRUCK BACK AND I HAD THE MONEY IN MY PAY PAL TO SED YOU THE REFUND.THAT;S WHEN THEY TOLD ME THEY REFUNDED YOU ALREADY.I HAVE TO WRITE A REPORT A POLICE REPORT AT MY PRECINT TOMORROW ABOUT THE FG BEING fiddlesticked UP .BRO IM DONE APLOGIZING NOW,HOPEFULLY FOR YOU THE TRUCK IS NOT DAMAGED OR BROKEN. BRO I WAS TRYING TO BE CIVIL WITH YOU AND YOU COME OFF LIKE THIS WITH ME.IM DONE!JUST PLEASE SEND MY FG BODY ASAP.THANKS

i love it when cops try and use they're bag for things. the gym i work out at we had a cop there that tried that once. we had got into an argument and he started with the "i'm a cop, do you know what i can do" thing. to make a long story short he got a 2 week unpaid suspension and had to give me a formal apoligy for misuse of athority.

end of the day, you shouldnt advertise something (no matter if its on ebay or in a local paper!) unless your 100% sure what it is to give a true description so people don't get miss-lead.

In this case it might be a genuine mistake of the seller, however with something worth as much as that, the sensible thing to have done would be to be 100% sure you had the right details before advertising it, then this thread would prob never have been started!

end of the day, you shouldnt advertise something (no matter if its on ebay or in a local paper!) unless your 100% sure what it is to give a true description so people don't get miss-lead.

In this case it might be a genuine mistake of the seller, however with something worth as much as that, the sensible thing to have done would be to be 100% sure you had the right details before advertising it, then this thread would prob never have been started!

+1 Daz.
The thing with spinning the wheels & doing donuts i wouldnt consider abuse either - its just what these things do. I also don't think you need the law to sort this 1 out you just need to take a step back, crack a tinnie open, chill out and talk sensibly about it. Seems more genuine mis-understanding than scamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks