opinion on foams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I've heard of anything bad about the Hostile foams. Lots of people recommend them!

Tape is ok if you are just bashing but tape is heavy on the tire causing the tire to be out of balance and wheel wobble which cause premature cup and dog bone wear none of which you would want if you are racing or want a true roll out of your car.

Losi hard in my 5ives and losi soft in my DBXL very consistent does not grow or need tape but I'm a racer and not a lot of aluminum parts on cars so cars are not a heavy as some of the works of art that you see on here

Last edited:
thats funny! I have never had a tire go out of ballance from using tape . In fact you can add tape to ballance. but I never have had to' You should go find the shipping tape because it is very light weight and is strong. It might be hard to find, but worth it.

Now that's funny!!! how can you balance a tire adding tape all around a foam when to balance a tire you have to add weight to the lightest part or the tire to match the heavy part of the tire for them to be even? tape all around a foam will never balance a tire. You set a car that has been taped on the wheels on a stand and a car whose tires had been balanced correct on a stand and rune the car wide open and notice the tires you will have more tire wobble on the tape tires then the car that have been balanced. Also you can go to a steep hill and roll a car that has been taped on the wheels and a car whose tires have been balanced and the balance tire car will roll further then the car with the taped wheels!!! The tape does not matter how light it is its still adding weight to the tire. Thats why I stated in bashing its ok for tape but if you are racing its not good at all I have been there and done everything in the book with the taping of tires and have tried a little of everything.

So you get it. I have never thrown a tire out of ballance adding tape! I have never added tape to ballance and if you have a tire out of ballance it isn't the tapes falt.

The only thing I will add to this conversation is -
With as much dirt that gathers inside the rims of all of these model cars, balancing the tires for off-road use is really just a waste of time, on-road is a different story, as there is no dirt to build up inside the wheels.
Of course if you feel better about balancing the tires in both cases, feel free, as I am sure that balance never hurts, when it comes to a rotating mass. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks