Opinions on spark plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a bit lean to me.
Ya been struggling a bit getting it tuned and just think my adjustments need to be way smaller..running 1107 on a stroked and ported g340 kit and when I checked the low speed I was about 1 turn out and hi speed was at 1-1/2 1-1/2

Well it’s a shade of grey I’m not comfortable with so I’ll fatten it up and start from stock again…it’s maybe had a 1 to 1-1/2 tankfuls on brand new engine so maybe it’s still seating lol

You mean like a plug chop?
I've seen guys who run high performance atvs (banshees) do plug chops to see if they are too lean. Problem with doing a plug chop is you ruin the plug and can't use it again
Sorry to be blunt, but your worried about a $5.00 plug for an engine that cost how much? Your off your fricken rocker..
Chop the plug the lean/rich band is at the base of the porcelain. I've covered this topic a few times now a search should yield a result for a complete description. 2 stroke plugs don't read like a 4 stroke so looking at the tip is utterly useless. Also a new plug needs to be used to get a proper top end reading, and the engine needs shut off at WOT to obtain the proper reading.

Sorry to be blunt, but your worried about a $5.00 plug for an engine that cost how much? Your off your fricken rocker..
Chop the plug the lean/rich band is at the base of the porcelain. I've covered this topic a few times now a search should yield a result for a complete description. 2 stroke plugs don't read like a 4 stroke so looking at the tip is utterly useless. Also a new plug needs to be used to get a proper top end reading, and the engine needs shut off at WOT to obtain the proper reading.
Ok I’ll look it up Sean thanks

I was never that anal with reading plugs. I do like you say by running wide open then killing the engine then read the plug but get satisfactory results by just going by the color of the plug without chopping it
I just make sure its more brown/dark and not gray or white and have had no issues

I was never that anal with reading plugs. I do like you say by running wide open then killing the engine then read the plug but get satisfactory results by just going by the color of the plug without chopping it
I just make sure its more brown/dark and not gray or white and have had no issues
The color of the tip is a general tune Indicator, more so for low end then mid or top end, can tell better of your using enough oil by the tip of the plug then anything. Detonation and top end tune require a plug chop. There are also plug inspection magnifiers, but I find them annoying to use.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks