Options for cage/body on 5B w/ CPI exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a cage for my Baja and the only one I think will work is the Rovan Sand rail since it has a taller rear section to clear the exhaust. I have the CPI exhaust with loops in the back as high as the ignition wire. From the looks of it, it won't clear cages like the Triton or Class 1 buggies. Any other options? I had the Rovan sandrail before on my Baja flux, but the cage is metal and pretty heavy. I'm looking for something cheaper this time around and lighter too. A plastic cage with a lexan body panel would be nice.

Pic of my current Baja and pic of my old Baja flux (with Rovan sandrail cage) which is sold now. I wish I kept the cage on that.

Attachments

• BKBK.jpg
    BKBK.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20180316_214258_HHT_preview.jpeg
    IMG_20180316_214258_HHT_preview.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 16
Did you try reseaching Chase cages ?

Just checked it out. It won't really work as it's for a 5T/5SC. That's not really worth the effort since I'll need to convert the parts, then buy the cage. It also doesn't have any body panels which is a bit ugly imo. The cage will definitely clear the exhaust though.

I was looking at this one from King Motor. The rear I don't think will clear the exhaust pipe, but I guess the plastic doesn't offer much in terms of chassis stiffening anyways. I could always dremel off the top rear of the cage pieces.

Attachments

• km66089_66090c.jpg
    km66089_66090c.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks