Ordered a Taylor chassis and engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
Well,,, crrrraaaap !!!! I've ordered a Taylor chassis and a Taylor 50 engine for my losi 5t , I won't be getting a vesla anytime soon, I'm gunna build a 5t from hell !! Film to follow , this thing is gunna be epic ! Well in my eyes any ways , and it keeps me safe at home , she won't see a huge box come to the door , so I might get away with another insanity episode , and any advice from you guys is very appreciated 👏👏💰💰💰💰😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well,,, crrrraaaap !!!! I've ordered a Taylor chassis and a Taylor 50 engine for my losi 5t , I won't be getting a vesla anytime soon, I'm gunna build a 5t from hell !! Film to follow , this thing is gunna be epic ! Well in my eyes any ways , and it keeps me safe at home , she won't see a huge box come to the door , so I might get away with another insanity episode , and any advice from you guys is very appreciated 👏👏💰💰💰💰😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have the same problem with deliveries.
If I'm lucky they come when the wife is out and I give her the old "had it in the cupboard for ages" line.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Hillariouse , I've used that line several times my self ,, hillariouse !! , I'm gunna try to do a build along picture story the best I can , really excited about this one , the burden of indecision wasn't easy , but the vesla will still be there and I'm gunna sell some electric ten scale stuff again also be, evidently the stars are aligning , just a call in that I got some of extra work , painting , moving right along ! 🤩😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Hillariouse , I've used that line several times my self ,, hillariouse !! , I'm gunna try to do a build along picture story the best I can , really excited about this one , the burden of indecision wasn't easy , but the vesla will still be there and I'm gunna sell some electric ten scale stuff again also be, evidently the stars are aligning , just a call in that I got some of extra work , painting , moving right along ! 🤩😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

She uses it for Tupperware so I reckon I can too.

PERZACHLY !!! ,, Tupperware 🤣 with this awesome power I'm about to harness in there , is metal diff cases and carriers a must or what ? Any help on what's required to handle this beast is very appreciated , I've contacted Uber rc in the u.k. , I'll be getting some Taylor rc wraps done by them , to put on the 30°north body , I'm thinking blue body with some green n yellow background , that way if it gets more than 15 ft. Away I'll be able to possibly see it still

Last edited:
I'm moving right along on ordering parts , engine is home next Tuesday , ordering the diff carriers and tower combos from Taylor on Friday , I'm kinda on the fence with what size Taylor Genesis tires to put on this thing the 3"or the 2' , also I'm no gear guru , anybody familiar with this kinda beast , I could use some help in that are

Mike can help you with gearing once you figure out what tires you’re running.
This is what I went with, gearing for the Taylor 55 and 65 were the same. I bought both but running 30/54 on my 55. With brp 3” knobbies

29/56

30/543ECDCFCC-985E-4733-B4AC-922828ED782D.jpeg6D82EB16-035F-4518-A687-EE595BF15F11.jpegBE354F06-BAA3-4B00-B2D6-8FF474E3A08D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes , he steered me to the 30-54 also , I'm still undecided on 3" or 2" tires , those 3's blew out a servo on my Taylor VEKTA5 , alot to turn and I've got dual servos on it , that is a awesome truck you have there , it's basically what I'm trying to get to , I'll be going with the same body also , can't wait to get it all together , but mostly can't wait till I'm done working to earn it , working a lot more than usual , to earn this thing , Taylor chassis , 50gt engine , Taylor diffs carriers , towers , and center diff also , not messing around with this build , thanks to this forum and it's marketplace I'm able to sell stuff to help with the costs , I'm thinking this is the pinicle of my hobby , or insanity or addiction 🤣🤣🤣😂😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I am in the middle of building one too!! Here is a little teaser pic.

Attachments

• 20221010_091326.jpg
    20221010_091326.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20221010_091346.jpg
    20221010_091346.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 85
yeah I upgraded all the drivetrain first for an obr motor I have.... but ended up doing more stuff. Yeah thats not an obr clearly... lol

servos... I have an AGFRC A280 brushless servo that does the steering. Savox SAVSB2236MG brushless for the brakes... and throttle. And when you are building yours.... you might find the stock steering servo is meant for upgrade, its rated at 6v. The stock throttle servo (rated for 7.4v) is actually better to keep rather than swap with stock steering servo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks