Ordered KM T1000GT today!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cole5601

I just placed the order and will be the owner of a new KM soon! I can wait for it to get here! I know I need to check the fluids and screws and I am planning on getting some locktite this week. What kind of dif oil and tranny oil should I get? I am also planning on ordering a killer bee kill switch this week so I can install and do the checks as soon as i get the truck! Any other advice is welcomed.

Thanks for the advice, but I am a total noob and don't have a style yet :)

LOL ok well start with a number maybe 5k and go up or down from there the lower the number the thinner the oil will be the more the diff gears will work while turning mostly adding more grip. The 10k is thicker then the 5k so the diff will lock more then the 5k and give more of a slide or drift on turns more so in dirt then on onroad.

LOL ok well start with a number maybe 5k and go up or down from there the lower the number the thinner the oil will be the more the diff gears will work while turning mostly adding more grip. The 10k is thicker then the 5k so the diff will lock more then the 5k and give more of a slide or drift on turns more so in dirt then on onroad.

I see, That makes sense to me now. Should I start with 10K if it is made more for dirt sense I will be driving mostly in dirt and grass fields and what not?

Good deal. I have been reading and trying to do my homework so I don't ask a crap tons of questions. I have already started out my customization process depending on what breaks first!

Got the truck on tuesday!!! I opened it up and did a quick look over and the thing is huge! Makes my great dane look like a normal dog, The body has a crack in the driver side fender which isnt a big deal to me because I want to change bodies anyway, I plan on going threw and checking everything this weekend and hopefully will get to run it on sunday!

Check them anyway just to be sure you will more then likely want to drain that oil out it is cheap and put in some good 40wt oil. Have a great time with it and come on with the pics LOL.

I took some pice but i don't have them on my computer yet, I am going to order some shock oil and change it out when it arrives, but for now I want to get the screws checked and start the break in process this weekend :rolleyes:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks