Oval racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncmayo

Ok anyone else race the 5t on oval track. Me and about 7 other guys have been racing on a oval track we built and it's a lot of fun. I have two 5ive ts now and both are set up the same except the motors and clutches are different. Oh and I also changed the rear toe block and went with -2 on my newest and a -1 on my oldest. My newest has a brand new OBR mod 31.8 and runs great my oldest has DDM 29 with stuffed crank. Both runs great but need some input on how to make them handle better entering corners and exiting.

Dirt track or composite or asphalt ? Messing with the rear toe too much will rob power and make the tires wear prematurely depending on track type. What diff fluid you run will also have an impact on turns. Although I cant specifically reccomend any thing for racing. I would think rather heavy in the center diff to keep the power bias fairly neutral front to back. I would also think a stiffer rear diff oil would help with the slid in the turn (assuming dirt track again) I'm sure a few of the other guys will chime in that know a bit more then me.

Dirt track or composite or asphalt ? Messing with the rear toe too much will rob power and make the tires wear prematurely depending on track type. What diff fluid you run will also have an impact on turns. Although I cant specifically reccomend any thing for racing. I would think rather heavy in the center diff to keep the power bias fairly neutral front to back. I would also think a stiffer rear diff oil would help with the slid in the turn (assuming dirt track again) I'm sure a few of the other guys will chime in that know a bit more then me.
Yes dirt track and I have only run a few laps on both trucks with the new toe blocks and they seemed to help.

Ok they should be fine then. Running on hard surfaces with the rear toe in can tear up the tires. What weight diff fluids are you running?
Stock I think 10000 center 5000 front and 3000 back.
Ok they should be fine then. Running on hard surfaces with the rear toe in can tear up the tires. What weight diff fluids are you running?
I guess I should have noted I have a lot of push is why I changed toe blocks. It helped but still have some push

Are you power sliding the turn? If so it may help to up the rear dif weight to get it to act a bit more like a solid axle. And some positive ( bottom of tire sticking out ) should help in turns too. Does the front of the truck look like its bobbing up and down in the turn?

Are you power sliding the turn? If so it may help to up the rear dif weight to get it to act a bit more like a solid axle. And some positive ( bottom of tire sticking out ) should help in turns too. Does the front of the truck look like its bobbing up and down in the turn?
No front is pushing not as bad now but still have some push. Almost as if I get on throttle to soon it lifts the front of the truck and makes front of truck want to go straight.
I do know I should have not changed oil weight in the shocks. Suspension is really bouncy now I went down to 25 weight shock oil. Think I need to go back up to 35 weight

Go thicker diff oil for more on power steering 20f 60c 10r or you can go heavier right no I have 30f 100c 20r.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks