over heating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja5B_Wisc

after 2-3 mins of running i am over heating i have a 23cc stock with tuned pipe how do i adjust the carb to make it richer ,, it runs good cool but failes when it hot .... what should i do ???

your probably a bit too lean on your H and L needle or you have an airleak some where. is your motor idleing fine?

if yes, richen your low and H needle around 1/4 turn and see if it gets any better. shut the motor down and let it cool down first.

if you motor is idleing erraticaly, start looking for an air leak around the carb, intake manifold, or maybe a blown cylinder gasket or loose cylinder bolts.

when i start it runs fine ,,, hot at fast but after a couple mins now i can feel the heat of the engine and the engine bogs after untill it stops ,,, i ordered a new set of Carb gaskets i know all the fuel lines are good ,,,, now it will not idile good ,,, i am thinking is a gasket leak around card .... it all started when i tryed to put a Boost Bottle on the carb but never worked so i took it off,,, has any one had any good luck with a BIS-Racing Boost Bottle

i figured it out ,,,,, i put the wrong gassets in weren tyey should go ,,,, put the header head gasset in between the header Carb and the same with the other ,,,,, now its running great ,,,,,, my wife is going to hate me now the yard is rutted up again LOL :blush:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks