Paint Preference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that any good acrylic enamel will work fine. The key is in propper preparation of the shell. Alot of people use Pactra paints which is specifically formulated for use on lexan bodies. Pactra is an acrylic enamel.
Some people use Testors paint. It all depends on what you want to pay and what names you like. My opinion is to save your money on the brand names and just use a good acrylic enamel from your local hardware store. Hope this helps.

Paint

I have found that any good acrylic enamel will work fine. The key is in propper preparation of the shell. Alot of people use Pactra paints which is specifically formulated for use on lexan bodies. Pactra is an acrylic enamel.
Some people use Testors paint. It all depends on what you want to pay and what names you like. My opinion is to save your money on the brand names and just use a good acrylic enamel from your local hardware store. Hope this helps.

Thank you for all your feedback

The problem is, if you use an unknown brand from a hardware shop you won't know how good it is. 1/5 body shells are expensive and I'd rather use a known brand that is know for the fact it works rather than being cheap.

I do agree on the preparation though. A good wash down in the shower with some washing up liquid and a gentle pan scrubber/sponge (don't do the windows with the scrubber side) then let it dry on it's own.

+1 Mike.
Pactra is a favourite in USA from what I've encountered, but certainly 100% for Tamiya - can't go wrong.

Personally, I've often played with painting of 1/16 - 1/8 scale shells, but these things are so damned expensive, I would hate to get a run, and stuff up the paint job, so I would consider a professional.

Mark did a superb job for my on my F360 bodyshell.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks