Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recon8541

Reading the Rules!
I was st the home depot yesterday, and picked up some paint made by rustoleum for plastic. It says rustoleum speciality paint for plastic. Direct to plastic paint. No primer needed. superior durability, indoor.outdoor durability.

anyone tried this stuff? I was thinking of painting my wheels with this stuff and trying it out. Just thought I would look for some feedback here incase its garbage save meself the headache lol.

Here is very dark blue:

BlueDye.jpg

QscaleQDSprinter09.jpg

Ok thanks any tricks to help the plastic take the dye?

Nope, just get the RIT Dye in the box, not the bottle, and just follow the directions. Boil, then low heat. I wouldn't let the wheels or any other plastic parts sit on the bottom of the pot. They could melt from the flame. Keep mixing them. Normally about 10 to 20 minutes for a dark mix. Sometimes as long as an hour. Try it out on something else first, if you have something to TEST with.

I was st the home depot yesterday, and picked up some paint made by rustoleum for plastic. It says rustoleum speciality paint for plastic. Direct to plastic paint. No primer needed. superior durability, indoor.outdoor durability.

anyone tried this stuff? I was thinking of painting my wheels with this stuff and trying it out. Just thought I would look for some feedback here incase its garbage save meself the headache lol.
If you use an adhesion promoter (spelling) it will hold longer.Bulldog makes the best rattle can for that.It acid ectches it to the plastic and works great.Helps make that paint stick to anything and its clear.I don't know that it would hold up on rims but it may be fine on a few other parts.

Last edited:
I've used the KRYLON on other types of plastic (chairs, and some plastic pieces in a car I used to have) and it held up very good. I just cleaned the plastic really well with dawn dish soap.

I've used the KRYLON on other types of plastic (chairs, and some plastic pieces in a car I used to have) and it held up very good. I just cleaned the plastic really well with dawn dish soap.

I've had good luck with the KRYLON fusion paint also, I painted a plastic RC helicopter canopy and some other stuff and it worked good.

Any idea on what kind of paint I could use on the outside of my stock body? I'll just like to have a flat black...getting a little tired of the stock body. And no money to buy the carbon body.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks