Painting metal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol::lol:

im going with POR-15 black paint, its super strong and it can take a good beating!
alot of guy have used it on HBF and had good results and its stronger than powder
coat.... only problem is i have to paint it on :( but it even outs nice so it looks like its
been sprayed on :)

CSR how big are the parts you want painted.....have you considered dipping them ?????

if you are using a oil based paint you can get a big container and fill it with water....then very gently add a 10mm layer of paint to the top....as you dip the part through it, it gets an even coat and only needs to be hung up for it to drip and you end up with a perfect finish every time......

I have seen it done with motorbike frames and the results are fantastic...

Last edited:
wezg i have looked into getting it dipped but its not very strong for bashing it will
scratch easy but its to much messing around all i want is a steath look so i'll
stick with the POR-15 stuff it will dry matt black ish and its long lasting so
i reckon this will be my best bet....

dipping in the method I have said is as strong as painting it with a brush...
sometimes it is still easier to brush paint it though

just remember to post pics whatever you do.....

I bet you've lined a few rhino's in your time eh raptor :lol::lol:

i have sprayed truck bedliner before as well as done my fair share of autobody work because that was my dads original profession until it got cheaper just to replace a part from asia with another part from asia due to cars crumpling like tinfoil when hit. i have een helped modify older blazer tops for a camera mast ;)

i have sprayed truck bedliner before as well as done my fair share of autobody work because that was my dads original profession until it got cheaper just to replace a part from asia with another part from asia due to cars crumpling like tinfoil when hit. i have een helped modify older blazer tops for a camera mast ;)

I was talking more of shagging rough old slappers :lol::lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks