Parts bin ish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lopes3d

Build Thread Contributor
Welcome to the flea bay build mostly built of a few bargains that have come up. Been bit of a slow burner through work and general life but starting to find some time so here I am to document and pic your brains;)
So far fleabay parts
Rpm all round+ front and rear bumper
Km alloy gearbox casing with blackbone gears and alloy diff casing rebuilt
Switchblade v2
Shocks rebuilt
Hostile rear wheels and proline fronts
Innovative front+rear chassis
Y + engine brace innovative
Km trans plate

G320 with dom exhaust+ tgn filter (new)
1256+0236 Savox (new)
TR clutch (new)

I’ve managed to sort out the dom exhaust but I’m baffled by the brake rotors once there on its hitting the tr clutch housing almost locking it. Looks like the gearbox needs to go back ever so slightly but it’s sat within the chassis hole and everything else during the build has lined up perfectly. Am I missing something simple here before I go strip the rear apart? If you look through where the metal bushes go the lay shaft isn’t completely straight which makes me think the box needs to go back?

IMG_5547.jpegIMG_5548.jpegIMG_5549.jpeg

Front end pretty much buttoned up just need to run the kill switch into receiver box.
Unsure what to do on the rear with the clearance issues between brakes and clutch housing. Ordered a hpi rear chassis can’t see it making much of a difference as everything else lines up, next up will probably be a different gearbox housing unless someone can offer any advice
IMG_5553.jpegIMG_5554.jpeg

Still struggling to get this rear end together. Now changed the chassis over for a hpi stock one and still the same issues. Any ideas before I go and try another gearbox casing?
IMG_5559.jpegIMG_5560.jpeg

Last edited:
Pleased to finally finish all these clearance issues smallest of things, ended up being the wrong engine spacer. Now in and lining up good. Unfortunately ordered a black magic pinion but isn’t long enough to reach the clutch bell.

Currently on charge as struggling to get the switchblade kill switch to arm with a futaba 3pv and 304 rx. I’ve got the 3rd channel turned up to max +120 and off is set at -120 anything obvious I’m missing?

IMG_5568.jpeg

IMG_5567.jpeg

IMG_5570.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks