peak engine rpm counter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check thru the boating forums. the most popular unit is the Sendac? (spelling). it rated to be good to 20k RPMs.
hth
T

Tachometer

check thru the boating forums. the most popular unit is the Sendac? (spelling). it rated to be good to 20k RPMs.
hth
T

Those tac's you have to make brackets and they use magnets..
the adjustment is to be with in 1/4 " You would be better to get a non
contact ..light beam reflected back..Make your clutch bell surface black
attach a alum foil strip...Aim tac at clutch bell take reading..Rpm's go to 9,999..Non Contact are inexpencive
from 29.95 too 99.95..of course there alot higher also..
Hope this helps....I have a non contact tachometer..accurate too 2% of
reading..close enough..AKA Slawhammer:cool2:

the tachs most of the boating guys use are Inductive pickup, ie you wrap the units wire around the plug wire, and it senses the spark pulse traveling thru the wire. they work VERY good and all you need to do is wrap the units wire around the plug wire. no funky magnet setups, no running aditional power wires ect.. mount the take, wrap the plug wire with the pick up wire, turn it on and go.

Rpm's

the tachs most of the boating guys use are Inductive pickup, ie you wrap the units wire around the plug wire, and it senses the spark pulse traveling thru the wire. they work VERY good and all you need to do is wrap the units wire around the plug wire. no funky magnet setups, no running aditional power wires ect.. mount the take, wrap the plug wire with the pick up wire, turn it on and go.

I have checked out a couple by the boat guys..The rpm's stop about 16,000
I know you can buy some that read higher...$80.00+
Inductive is the way to go...
I just got a lazer beam unit for under $50.00..It will work ok..
Seeing how I lost most of my hearing..so I can't go by sound..
the tac is better for my personal use...picture enclosed..
AKA Slawhammer

Attachments

• IMGP1144.jpg
    IMGP1144.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4

See Slawhammer it is cool. Thou I am a FUTABA man. I am getting the 4PK soon.
Al the best with your tuning.

Tacometer

I think the high as the reading only go on this tac you show is 9,000 rpm
You need some thing higher..to at least 16,000rpm..
That is one reason I chose non contc with lazer..goes to 99,999
but you need a second person to help you..you to adjust the carb and the
other person to hold the tac....Hope this helps....
ASKA Slawhammer

you are correct on this that is a reason i wanted to find out more info on the phone because it states its a 7 segment lcd .. i wasnt sure if it had reading into the 20 thousands . not that many motors rev that high but some do

you are correct on this that is a reason i wanted to find out more info on the phone because it states its a 7 segment lcd .. i wasnt sure if it had reading into the 20 thousands . not that many motors rev that high but some do

If you do call. Tell us what your findings.

i called today and was talking to a guy Tony there and there 27.95 up to 24,000 rpm with a 1.2 second refresh time meaning it changes rpm dispplay every 1.2 seconds .. you can get faster refresh timing rpm counters but at a much higher cost .. and i feel for my purpose this will be fine .. got 2 coming :) in a week as there outta stock at the moment but he said they get those counters in a week

Tac

i called today and was talking to a guy Tony there and there 27.95 up to 24,000 rpm with a 1.2 second refresh time meaning it changes rpm dispplay every 1.2 seconds .. you can get faster refresh timing rpm counters but at a much higher cost .. and i feel for my purpose this will be fine .. got 2 coming :) in a week as there outta stock at the moment but he said they get those counters in a week
Like I mentioned you want higher than 10,000 Rpm.engine unloaded WOT is 14,500 rpms..The Inductive is the way to go...
For my use I needed for different appliactions also..Let us know what you
think when you get yours set up..AKASlawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks