Performance expectations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnTz

Hi All,

My first 1/5 scale car. I just completed a bone stock Baja with a stock Zenoa 290 (my Christmas present to myself) and it is awesome. Have about 1 gallon worth of fuel through it and I gently broke it in for that gallon. I went to full throttle for the first time today at the start of its second gallon and it runs perfectly. Engine is smooth and strong. The DDM pipe sings (it is loud) and I was delighted by the stability and overall speed of the car. Engine is using factory needle settings as it came out of the box.

I put my gps logger on it and it seems it currently has a top speed of 42MPH. Is that about right for this stock setup? Its plenty fast for what I am planning on doing with it and I am not interested in big bore stuff and upgraded geartrain etc. Just don't know anyone yet that does big cars in the area to compare. Thought I would check with you guys. Here she is:

IMG_4469.jpgIMG_4470.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks