picked up a boat this week...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwaj2002

well here she is barn fresh, litterally (except I vacuumed out the dirt dobber nests

2cp6has.jpg
2gsil29.jpg
34nieev.jpg
check out these plugs, old futaba stuff here
2vu0ej5.jpg
bdwkev.jpg
zthdhe.jpg
8xix01.jpg
2n1yq9e.jpg
hwkfwy.jpg
314zd52.jpg
eskk0p.jpg
30hyfet.jpg
2eulvdt.jpg
and for an idea of the scale of this thing, those floor tiles are 16" square with a 1/4" gap between them

I'm going to tear the head off the the engine this weekend if I get time and go through it, clean it out really good, it has good compression though and is free

he is supposed to get me the rest of the electrics this coming week, I think this rig is in the 20 - 30 year old range

I paid nothing, the motor is in great shape, doesn't even appear to have ever been run, need to get some fuel line and get the carb cleaned out and freed up, as its locked up tight right now

yes, yes I do
its a 1976 VW super beetle... or was a super beetle... its got a non super beetle front end/suspension, have to buy fuel lines a belt and it will run

2ijrjeo.jpg
1zciicm.jpg

yes, yes I do
its a 1976 VW super beetle... or was a super beetle... its got a non super beetle front end/suspension, have to buy fuel lines a belt and it will run

needs a paint job what color you going to go with ? mat black!

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't had time, have to get the carb cleaned up/polished up, then I need to figure out how to start it

been workin on the bug, almost got the body prepped for removal so I can replace both pans, and its not a super beetle as I was initially told, and yes, primer black, gonna mold the rear fenders into the quarters due to one quarter having been repaired

Ive got one of those meyers manx type buggys with a 1600 dual port and solex carbs,built it in HS as a senior project back in 1980.Did some changes since then but have won a couple of car shows with it also competed at Street warriors too.:cup-1:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks