Pico Switch Problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick C

i bought a pico switch for my baja, ive wired it up today on the 3rd channel, this works fine and kills the engine, however it doesn't kill it when the tx is turned off even though it say in the instructions it is meant to,

now when i stick a Y lead on the throttle channel and plug it into that it kills it when i turn off the tx but also kills it when you brake?

im using a core 2.4 ghz radio gear

any ideas?

youre not alone on this theres a few that do this me being one of them i don't worry about it i just use the switch if the car battery goes dead or off it stops

i bought a pico switch for my baja, ive wired it up today on the 3rd channel, this works fine and kills the engine, however it doesn't kill it when the tx is turned off even though it say in the instructions it is meant to,

now when i stick a Y lead on the throttle channel and plug it into that it kills it when i turn off the tx but also kills it when you brake?

any ideas?

I asked the question to Kent at Killer RC and he said their Killer Bee V1 will work with the Core 2.4ghz.......going by the recent experiences on here with alternative switches not working properly or in Voo's case failing when he most needed it, Im going to spend that bit extra & go for the killer bee. No brainer IMO :no:

youre not alone on this theres a few that do this me being one of them i don't worry about it i just use the switch if the car battery goes dead or off it stops

ok thanks will do

I asked the question to Kent at Killer RC and he said their Killer Bee V1 will work with the Core 2.4ghz.......going by the recent experiences on here with alternative switches not working properly or in Voo's case failing when he most needed it, Im going to spend that bit extra & go for the killer bee. No brainer IMO :no:

to me they look the same, and have seen on another forum thet its just re branded and sold as killer bee, the battle one looks to have failed not heared of this one as of yet, i found out its because i don't have the tx fail safe set to 100% brake so it doesn't turn off the kill switch,

ok thanks will do

to me they look the same, and have seen on another forum thet its just re branded and sold as killer bee, the battle one looks to have failed not heared of this one as of yet, i found out its because i don't have the tx fail safe set to 100% brake so it doesn't turn off the kill switch,

I have my failsafe set so that the throttle returns to the neutral position so it will coast to a stop.

ok thanks will do

+1 rick........... yes they are the same sold under various names

the fancier the name the more expensive they get:clown:

+1 rick........... yes they are the same sold under various names

the fancier the name the more expensive they get:clown:

Do you run with 1 Keith or have you not bothered with em? I am wondering whether they are worth the hassle. The guys at rossmods advised me against them too....

Do you run with 1 Keith or have you not bothered with em? I am wondering whether they are worth the hassle. The guys at rossmods advised me against them too....

no one advertises the pico as a 'kill switch' but KB do, if the pico was advertised as a KS i think they would sell far more as its half the price,

I have a pico running on a spektrum Rx.

the switch position is based on the servo signal, so you need to either loose all Rx output or set the Rx output to go to a low failsafe position in order to kill the engine (or loose Rx battery)

Mine works happily on the 3rd channel providing that I set the Rx failsafe correctly (it also kills the engine if I hit the remote start button).

any ideas?

Just a thought.....try reversing the 3rd channel. I think this may do it!

Andy i have 2 of them both on my MCD's and work fine on the 3rd channel

switch on my dx3s spectrum.....don't know about the other radios

and the 3rd channel switch settings do have to be at 100% to be safe

to get the signal to kill they all work on a normaly open circuit when powered

and when no power its only the same as pressing your engine kill switch

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks